obs MPG

What Is the average MPG you get with your OBS tahoe,yukon or escalade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please choose the response that best fits your truck

Try to be accurate, highway MPG not the best single 55mph run you got but a real average please.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trippers99hoe

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have gotten 18mpg for a couple of tanks on vacation,but I averaged my whole 3000 mile trip last night and come up with 16.2 mpg....I am curious to find out what kind of mods some of the guys getting better MPGs have done...Exhaust, BBtunes etc....

When driving to work and back I do not bother with checking the MPG ,I let the A/C run for anywhere from 10minutes to 20 minutes every afternoon because it is hot as heck here in OK.we have been over 100 degrees for something like 43 days consecutive It is worth the couple bucks a day to ride home in a cool and comfy truck.

Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with it not running the greatest ATM im sure it has fallen off quite a bit but when it was running good i got 16-17mpg mixed driving.

96 hoe, vortec with 190K, AEM CAI, Gibson shorties, lifted, geared, etc, etc, etc...

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't do much highway driving, so I get something like 10-12 around town. I do drive mine pretty hard, so that has a little bit to do with it.

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get 15.39 mpg consistently. I tried a few things (amsoil oil, amsoil air filter, took off air box lid, put it back on, change spark plugs, seafoamed it, used premium fuel) to help but nothing will give me an increase.

anybody have any suggestions to help with MPG ?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get 15.39 mpg consistently. I tried a few things (amsoil oil, amsoil air filter, took off air box lid, put it back on, change spark plugs, seafoamed it, used premium fuel) to help but nothing will give me an increase.

Black Bear Tune. CAI. Exhaust. Driving habbits.

OP
OP
Trippers99hoe

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What size tires you running,and what gears??

Is that all highway driving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted