Obs lift thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't think they make them anymore.. you wouldn't be disappointed with a BDS.

zomeizter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's too bad about the Cepek, even searched for the Texans that took it over and it seems they're outta the game as well. The criteria that has to be met is this:
well-built, sexy, semi-maintenance free, and just plain bad ***!! Price and installation difficulty is no problem, just wanna do it once and do it right :D I like Procomp's reputation, is it a bad *** system? My plans with the Yukon do not include hard core wheeling, but it will play in the sand and climb some, as well as long trips internationally. 35's A/T are my tires of choice on either 20 or 16 inch wheels so the plan is to go at least 6" suspension with the addition of a 3" body lift, holler...

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
That's too bad about the Cepek, even searched for the Texans that took it over and it seems they're outta the game as well. The criteria that has to be met is this:
well-built, sexy, semi-maintenance free, and just plain bad ***!! Price and installation difficulty is no problem, just wanna do it once and do it right :D I like Procomp's reputation, is it a bad *** system? My plans with the Yukon do not include hard core wheeling, but it will play in the sand and climb some, as well as long trips internationally. 35's A/T are my tires of choice on either 20 or 16 inch wheels so the plan is to go at least 6" suspension with the addition of a 3" body lift, holler...

The procomp system looks sexy, so far is easy to maintain and I have 35x12.50 All-Terrains and fit with no problem on my lift. I can take more detailed pics if wanted/needed for you. I only play in the snow and sand and so far all is well :)

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Here is the specs on my lift:

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=EXPK1048B&catID=1&subCat=38&ptID=3533&plID=1808

Y2KpewterZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for Superlift. I especially liked it because it didnt increase front track width. But I wheeled it pretty hard, jumped it a few times (probably the demise of my wheel bearings lol) and it even survived rolling over 3 times. Only thing to break was I made a tie rod end the shape of a bannana lol
35774_136532603041963_5749352_n.jpg

I sold the entire truck to a guy that was going to put his Tahoe body on tje chassis.I sold him.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
may have a lead on a Cepek. But it would be late 2014.....yeah, it's about to get real

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love for them to start producing again! I love the lift BOWTIEFREAK has. What do you know?

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered using longer half shafts instead of lowering the front differential? the guys at Raxles.com can custom make a half shaft... Or would the angle be too great? I'm wondering this because I'm going to replace my half shafts soon anyway, so the additional expense of longer half shafts wouldn't be as big an expense difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17