OBS 6" kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Furd Killa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IIRC my Superlift drops 5.5 and out of all the lifts still being made for OBS trucks i think thats the highest as far as 6 inch kits go , I think it was Cognito was the only lift that was a TRUE 6 inch drop as far as 6 inch kits went , However I don't know much about Cepeks systems so Im assuming Bowties was a 6 inch?

Hey Donnie good to hear from ya again! You probably don't remember but you helped me with led gauges last summer haha. Is the cognito still being made and is the supetlift pretty good ? Are they owned by rcx or something? And I think cepek was a full 6.5 drop but I'm not sure. And Horton how has your full throttle treated you?!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Also does you guys know if BDS 6" is still a full drop kit? I heard its a spindle now?!?! And I can't find a new driveshaft on their site lol.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think i remember helping you I know your name sounds familiar . To my knowledge Cognito no longer makes kits for our trucks They tend to only build kits for new trucks . I love my super lift haven't had any issues , I know on the older Gen units there was some premature rust issues but that was early 2000s any kit you get today won't have that issue . the super lift kit is more expensive than the RCX . If you plan on wheeling the truck Superlift is built beefier . But if you only plan on taking it out every once in a while the RCX is a great lift . not sure if BDS still makes the lift either (not sure).

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Donnie is right. Cognito does not offer a lift for the obs anymore... I talked w/ sales and asked for a quote for them to drag the jig off the shelf and make one, but they weren't interested in even pricing one. You might try calling CST. I understand that to be a good kit and they would entertain bringing the tooling out for a 1 pc run, but told me to check back after the 1st of the year. I didn't want to wait, so I picked up the full throttle.

I am very pleased with the kit but haven't beaten on it too hard so can't speak to its durability during abuse. I come from a manufacturing background and this thing is beefy and built right, so i wouldnt be scared of hammering on it. I have read complaints about their customer service, but didn't have any issues whatsoever. There were a couple of steel sleeves left out of the kit and I got the dimensions over the phone so I could make them. They offered to send them next day air, but I declined because they were easy enough to turn. Sorry to ramble... hope this helps and good luck.

OP
OP
F

Furd Killa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help boys!!:cheers:

I have got it narrowed down to RCX, Superlift, and the full throttle because after a few searches on the google i discovered the BDS is no longer a full drop but a spindle lift...gasp..:wtf2:

The full throttle is a bit pricey for me at the lowest packages of shocks comes in at 2500$ with no replacement drive shaft...thats $600 extra. I can get the rcx for 1600 with driveshaft and all. Ill probably end up going with that lift just because of price even though id rather have the full 6.5 full throttle. I might have to slap a 2" body lift on to clear those sweet wide wheels and tires. I haven't checked prices on the superlift yet but i will! Ill have to post some pics up when shes finally done. I've almost owned her a year and been trying to save money for the lift and such but i got laid off so im just finally getting to it!

Thanks for all the help!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

one more question?!
will these fit?

http://www.superlift.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=4067A5BF6B8F428B8808E08FA801E25C

http://www.superlift.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=B8295E4C5299461981D4BD1794B7C9D7

they show obs in the pics but when i type my year in their site six inch is the biggest available.

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk w/ a sales guy and negotiate. I paid $2k after shipping for the kit & Bilsteins ($1400 for lift, $300 for shocks, $300 shipping). A driveshaft from Rough Country is $430

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Furd Killa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Talk w/ a sales guy and negotiate. I paid $2k after shipping for the kit & Bilsteins ($1400 for lift, $300 for shocks, $300 shipping). A driveshaft from Rough Country is $430

would a driveshaft from rcx fit with the 6.5 full throttle? you probably have no way of knowing but just thought id ask :happy107:

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Care to elaborate on what you mean by negotiate? I'm assuming you don't mean face to face. Never had much luck over the phone or with e-mail myself.

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not F2F, it was over the phone. Just explained that I like their kit, but other options fit my budget a little better and asked if there was anything that he could do... never know until you ask. He understood that I was prepared to buy right then and he offered X, I needed Z and we agreed on Y. Same as any other negotiation.

OP
OP
F

Furd Killa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not F2F, it was over the phone. Just explained that I like their kit, but other options fit my budget a little better and asked if there was anything that he could do... never know until you ask. He understood that I was prepared to buy right then and he offered X, I needed Z and we agreed on Y. Same as any other negotiation.

I called and asked they informed me all prices are preset...maybe you can call and work your magic:worship:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84