OBDII Scanner For SRS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...just ordered the Innova CarScan 5510 as I realized it not only has SRS but also has the capability of ABS brake bleed ability as well. Quite a bit more than I wanted to spend ...$250. Anyways, I’ll keep the BlueScanner in one vehicle and the Innova in the other and now I can do full brake bleed as well!

Thanks everyone for chiming in as I took everyone’s suggestions into account.
That’s what we like to see here! Folks extending their budget because, hell, why not!

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone say what OBD protocol the 2007 uses? Had they made the switch to ISO 15765-4 CAN or were they still on SAE J1850 VPW? On my 2005 Yukon it's still the older J1850 and I can pull codes with a $12 bluetooth elm clone. Sure, I have to do it manually with a terminal app but for $12 I deal with it!

(Car Gauge Pro will also pull the codes for J1850)

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
My basic scan tool is made by Actron
Higher price range, but i bought an older model for less than $100 shipped off of ebay "used" many years ago.

Pretty much I bought the scan tool to read an ABS code, i found that the local auto parts stores were unable to read anything other than the basic codes that a cheapo $10 ebay scan tool could.

First thing i did with it was to go to their site and update the software via USB connection and their software.

I'm still rocking that scanner, however now i also have HP Tuners and a new Tech2.

The old "Actron" sits in my toolbox as my beater, it also serves as a loner to friends and family.
My HP Tuners and the Tech2 now have hard cases.

If i were to buy another basic all around scan tool, I totally recommend that brand.
It has successfully scanned every thing i have thrown at it.
German, Japanese, American, and Korean.

Sweetie101

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a not so expensive scan tool to read the SRS. I checked with Fixd and they do not have the capability for the 2007 Yukon. I also know for a fact BlueDriver is unable to do it as well.

I don’t mind having an extra so I can keep one in both trucks.

Sweetie101

Reaction score
Can anyone say what OBD protocol the 2007 uses? Had they made the switch to ISO 15765-4 CAN or were they still on SAE J1850 VPW? On my 2005 Yukon it's still the older J1850 and I can pull codes with a $12 bluetooth elm clone. Sure, I have to do it manually with a terminal app but for $12 I deal with it!

(Car Gauge Pro will also pull the codes for J1850)

Sweetie101

Reaction score
The THINK OBD 100 is about $35.00 on Amazon. It even checks air sensors

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've learned, the best way is a laptop/wired USB OBD plug. The Vetronix style do all cars but require different modules by manufacturer(VW,Toyota,GM,Dodge,Fiat,) There is a Do All Vetronix clone box about $500. Then there is still the Subscription issue for different programming options. Confusing but Necessary to do job. Ford to about 2008 has cheapest- Forscan, with a $60 cable.
Side Note- there are alot of Hacking adapters, probably OK to do your own vehicle cheap. Depends on your abilities.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a not so expensive scan tool to read the SRS. I checked with Fixd and they do not have the capability for the 2007 Yukon. I also know for a fact BlueDriver is unable to do it as well.

I don’t mind having an extra so I can keep one in both trucks.

You need this: https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Tech2Win-Diagnostic-Programming-System/dp/B074365Q6H

Full service 2-way connectivity with BOTH of your vehicles which have different computer systems and this one talks to both of them. Chassis, Engine, Body, SRS, the whole kitten kaboodle.

Wes on here got his to work with a little Dell tablet, you can also use a laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA