obd2 for my 2004 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ubejd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi
i own a 2004 yukon xl denali and sometimes i do some work myself and i wanted to bay a simple obd2 Scanner.
there are a lot options but would like some advice from you guys.

what do you prefer for a scanner around 50$?

i did some research and found two models around 50$, but couldnt decide which one to order
MUCAR BT200
Mucar CDE900

it used to be thinkcar ( some mentioned this in a youtube video).

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
i own a 2004 yukon xl denali and sometimes i do some work myself and i wanted to bay a simple obd2 Scanner.
there are a lot options but would like some advice from you guys.

what do you prefer for a scanner around 50$?

i did some research and found two models around 50$, but couldnt decide which one to order
MUCAR BT200
Mucar CDE900

it used to be thinkcar ( some mentioned this in a youtube video).
I vote for if you are gonna buy a scanner get a bi directional scanner and just get what the dealerships used in the day of our generation of vehicle. Get a china clone Tech II for around $300. It will do everything and then much more, so much more vs the cheapy scanners. You honestly wouldnt believe what all it can do. Its menu driven and stupid easy to use once you learn the menu navigation and its good up to around 2009 model year GM vehicles. Ive had mine for about 5yrs now and its paid for itself many times over in time, not having to use the parts cannon and vehicle downtime. I have 3 GM K chassis too. ( 2-Tahoes 1-Yukon Denali).
You can get the clone on aliexpress.com

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Tech 2 clone from Chinacardiags.com. Very happy.
Was able to verify my battery was good and the ignition and Park/N switches were functioning properly on the side of the road at my sister's house.
That helped me diagnose my no-crank/no-start was my starter before AAA flatbed even arrived to get me home.

As soon as I got the Tech 2, I keep my Zurich scanner from Harbor Freight in my center console for any possible CEL issues that pop up when away from home.
I can pull it out of the console to see if it is my pesky EVAP code that I will ignore or if it is something new real that needs attention.

If you are going to have pre-2009/10 GM vehicles, do what you can to save up and grab a Tech 2 at some point.
I have used it a few times to diagnose and was able to save going to a garage.
It has already paid for itself in saved shop labor. It owes me nothing and has only been about a year owning it.
A great investment, I would say.