o2B fuse keeps blowing (about to give up!) Code 0141 and 0161

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks man, i have a faulty fuel gauge. Think that might be causing issues?

Only if the fuel level sender is not reporting within that window. If it's just the gauge, I don't think that would cause a problem. Some scanners -- like a Tech 2 -- will have the fuel level PID (in gallons or % full, or both) that can be viewed, bypassing any gauge issue.

OP
OP
E

est88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Making headway. So I reset everything. Decided to throw 91 octane in the tahoe. And the Cat set within 10 miles. Coincidence? Can't say for certain but its definitely peculiar. Going to start running it all the time now. There was also a noticeable improvement in get-up, responsiveness, and power + smoother ride.

Right now everything is set except HTR and EVAP. But I'm feeling optimistic. The o2 fuse is still blowing here and there but i am keeping close track so it wont set a code. I'm 99% sure the short is in the actual fuse box. Will report back tomorrow.

OP
OP
E

est88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Passed smog with flying colors. All monitors set but EVAP but in CA that is the only one that can be incomplete.

There is still the short in the fuse box but I'm probably just going to forget about it for a while since I won't need to smog for another 2 years and I know the work-around now. What a pain a minor electrical problem can be for passing Emissions.

Thank you all for your help. Hopefully this thread can help someone down the line.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EVAP can be a real PIA to get it to be ready. The GM drive cycle to get it to set is impossible unless you live near a track. It can take hundreds of miles of normal driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts