noobie to lifting, need help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWCHEEZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok new to lifting tahoe's but have some know how. I've got a 98 tahoe with the auto 4x4 and im on the market for a small lift 2-3in. then maybe do a 2in body after that. (just getting into the look not the offroad use) Zoneoffroad has a 2in kit that come with front tbar keys and rear blocks in my price range. the only thing i want to know what else am i gonna have to buy with it if anything, as in to put my truck in 4wd with the auto 4x4 switch.

any help and ideas are helpfull thanks guys!! :owned:

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the Rough Country 6inch kit, and decrank the t-bars to a 4inch lift. Better then a body lift and blocks IMO.

That is, if you're looking at buying a suspension lift. If you dead set on a body lift and blocks, then go for it. Zone does make good products. It's just, I don't care for body lifts.

As far buying anything else, you should be ok for the most part if you just do the blocks, leveling kit and body lift.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SWCHEEZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would love that but thats real ******* a college student budget and for a my daily drive to class and work lol, but thanks man! real helpfull!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crank your STOCK keys and add a block out back. No 2-3" suspension kits are worth a drop of piss.

Next option is the RCX kit

OP
OP
S

SWCHEEZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so I can crack my stock keys and add a block out back and do shocks? what size block should I use "summitracing" has alot of different sizes. I want a good 2-3ins of lift.
and I think im going to go with rough countrys shocks are they any good?

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I can crack my stock keys and add a block out back and do shocks? what size block should I use "summitracing" has alot of different sizes. I want a good 2-3ins of lift.
and I think im going to go with rough countrys shocks are they any good?

You can crank the stock keys. Figure about an inch to maybe 2inches of lift doing so up front. For blocks, look at brands like Superlift or such. Not saying that Summit's products are not any good, but I'd have more trust in Superlift or Skyjacker before Summit.

As for your shocks, I have Rough Country's and I hate them. Not only is the ride quality horrible, so is the build quality. I'd look at Skyjacker before Rough Country. If anything, spend some extra coin on Bilstines. That will be one of my next suspension mod's

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Swcheez, what area in TX are you in!? If your in Houston, then I could show you different options in person!! Lemme know!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini