Noisy cracking door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a noise similar to this video, I told the dealer about it as warranty will cover that. I get surprised that they fix it and asking me to pay the costs (part about $50 labor $100-110)! That is ridiculous!
I’ve refused to pay as it is supposed to be covered by the warranty, and now I am more surprised that I guess it might be easily fixed as the video.
They justify that it is part of consumable parts.

Any suggestions? 2018 Tahoe under warranty
p.s. first they say we will ask for approval, and now they fixed it on my cost without letting me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SARNCAN

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, ummm, ******** if they did it without approval
Maintenance representative say that we get your approval.
What happened is that he said “usually it is not covered under warranty, but I will try with the managers”. I’ve signed the papers to start the work.
I’ve found out that he typed “WRN” as of warranty in front if it, and now he is asking me to pay! But never called me and keeps me updated of what happened.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maintenance representative say that we get your approval.
What happened is they say “usually it is not covered under warranty, but I will try with the managers”. I’ve signed the papers to start the work.
I’ve found out that he typed “WRN” as of warranty in front if it, and now he is asking me to pay! But never called me and keeps me updated of what happened.
You Go back in there and tell them you were told it was warrantied and that you aren’t paying for it. You speak to that underwriters boss and tell him what you told us here. They cannot make you pay for something you didn’t approve. Your truck is covered under warranty, bumper to bumper for 3 years or 36k miles. That includes that piece of body hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157