Noise from left front. Looking for some input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shot in the dark here but maybe some one might have an idea. Finally warm enough to drive around with the windows down and just so happens I notice something odd. A squeaking noise coming from the left front of my 99 Yuk 4-by over bumps. Hell, I even noticed it when I got out of the truck and of course I bounced the bumper up and down and yeah... is a squeaking/creaking noise. Now, I know that I need shocks but I am not thinking its the shock itself making that noise and the only other thing I can think of is control arm bushings???

Anyone got any ideas cause this is annoying as hell. LOL

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X3 on the bushings :)

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with the old ones, they'll either disintegrate off, or a little WD40 and they'll come, new ones however... Be prepared to break a sweat! Just needs a little elbow grease is all. Mine took quite a bit of coersing to get onto the bar.

OP
OP
Johnny Racer

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see how the get replaced. Not sure if thats the problem cause I dont feel like messing with it today. LOL I'll check it out tomorrow and let everyone know what the deal was. I Aside from that, I guess all I need to do is figure out what size my front sway bar is. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timnazium