No start finally happened to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the battery. I took the fuse box out. There were so many rust spots and corrosion under it on the terminals. I cleaned them off and tried to crank now it's like the truck is completely dead now. Only nine volts now on straight battery and with the jump box 11.4 and it's fully charged. Monday I'll go get a used fuse box to see if that's the problem. Truck won't even start with a jump but this morning it cranked before i even started to work on it but afterwards no crank. That's when i decided to see what the fuse box looked like underneath.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember i had this problem with an 08 impala i was selling and it ended up being the air bag module. Where is the module located at on these trucks?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya those fuse box are funky, body shop moved mine a smidge taking off the fender then the truck wouldn't start, I had to go down to the shop and mess with it bit, pulled up and down banged on it, moved it up and down some more, banged on it some more, it went from completely dead to having the gauges back to starting finally after repeated attempts

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya those fuse box are funky, body shop moved mine a smidge taking off the fender then the truck wouldn't start, I had to go down to the shop and mess with it bit, pulled up and down banged on it, moved it up and down some more, banged on it some more, it went from completely dead to having the gauges back to starting finally after repeated attempts
That’s kinda scary.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s kinda scary.
exactly, I have been pretty skeptical of it since and when people run into no-start issue's I always mention it could be a cause.
I only figured it out because that was the only thing electrical wise that they had touched, bumper and grill and fender were off, there was nothing else it could be or that made any sense.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exactly, I have been pretty skeptical of it since and when people run into no-start issue's I always mention it could be a cause.
My 08 Silverado had the fuse box moved quite a ways to make room for the tubs so you have my attention. No problems though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 Silverado had the fuse box moved quite a ways to make room for the tubs so you have my attention. No problems though.
I think what happened was mine got partially pulled up so it was sitting ****-eyed, shop called me up said it was dead, I had already told them I had my hid's setup a certain way and I didn't want it messed with so they figured I must have known more about it then they did, lol the guy was like do you know a lot about these trucks? lol

rjr

Reaction score
Put a DC voltmeter directly on the battery terminals---not the clamps. What is the battery voltage WHEN YOU CRANK IT? No load voltages are meaningless. If you get over 11.5 volts, then try it again with the voltmeter connected to the battery clamps.

jcb2

Reaction score
Check that you have a good clean ground connection on the engine. If it’s Loose or corroded, it could be the problem.

Note that wiggling cables accomplishes nothing. Clean the posts and clamps on the battery for good electric conduction. And make sure the battery itself is clean. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman