No start but have power/ Tahoe running and then gages drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. But I'm lazy and haven't looked. I'll see if I can muster up the energy to look for it.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Yes. But I'm lazy and haven't looked. I'll see if I can muster up the energy to look for it.
Welp the guy that was gonna come look at it say he will not look at it until it’s 100% dead in the water, which understand because it’s a intermittent issue that’s gonna need a lot of time, so I’m kinda at a stand still.. I checked more wires and they all look good with no problem, I would think that if there was a wire issue it would be a constant issue and disconnecting the battery shouldn’t temporarily fix it... so who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Translation: I don't want to work on your car.
I was like think like it’s his job to find the problem and not tell me I’m dead in the water nothing I can do for you, like ok I won’t give you my business in the future then if you wanna be that way, the other guy that did the BCM for me told me that I would have to leave it with him for a while equaling a lot of money which I don’t have. He did tell me tho I should look in to a quick disconnect for the battery do I don’t have to keep pulling the wire up and off, since I now how to get it going again..

jlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve already replaced the mega amp fuse it came with the wire that goes to the starter

Hmm. It still sounds like a power/ground issue affecting your bcm. Does your volt guage start dropping when you get the weird stuff going on like mine always did? If so, I think I read on the forum here you can disconnect the sensor in the ground cable to the battery to disable the "smart" charge crap. It sounds like the alternator will then put out a solid voltage when its running. I believe the voltage is monitored in the bcm, so it would be interesting to see what the guage does once the sensor is disconnected.

OP
OP
T

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
Hmm. It still sounds like a power/ground issue affecting your bcm. Does your volt guage start dropping when you get the weird stuff going on like mine always did? If so, I think I read on the forum here you can disconnect the sensor in the ground cable to the battery to disable the "smart" charge crap. It sounds like the alternator will then put out a solid voltage when its running. I believe the voltage is monitored in the bcm, so it would be interesting to see what the guage does once the sensor is disconnected.
Well when it starts acting up the battery gage will stay at 14 but once it’s goes to like complete crazy all the gages drop to 0 and stay there and I loose all power but the Tahoe stay running I just have no throttle

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp the guy that was gonna come look at it say he will not look at it until it’s 100% dead in the water, which understand because it’s a intermittent issue that’s gonna need a lot of time, so I’m kinda at a stand still.. I checked more wires and they all look good with no problem, I would think that if there was a wire issue it would be a constant issue and disconnecting the battery shouldn’t temporarily fix it... so who knows

Its not about how they look, you cant see the data across the wires ... Thats why I posted that. Heres the Diagramupload_2018-7-17_10-55-47.jpeg

Twisted pair leaving the BCM 17 & 18, 9&8, Data ground is 10