No spark, no fuel, no start but will crank 95 2 door hoe, 5.7l, 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Disconnected that brown connector, checked for spark. No spark. Gonna pull the distributor and check that.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disconnected that brown connector, checked for spark. No spark. Gonna pull the distributor and check that.
Doesn’t the icm take over if the pcm is out of the picture? Didn’t you just replace that? If you still have your old parts I’d give them a try just to see, check all pins on connectors too... just my thoughts..

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Doesn’t the icm take over if the pcm is out of the picture? Didn’t you just replace that? If you still have your old parts I’d give them a try just to see, check all pins on connectors too... just my thoughts..
That is the current plan and procedure. Also have a spare distributor, checking that now

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Well after replacing a bunch of stuff over the week, we figured it out. Thank god a buddy pulled his 94 350 tbi and let me come rob a million parts off of it. So my ICM, distributor, etc all came off the running donor and allowed us to figure out exactly what it was.

So this morning we start going back through everything, rechecking all of the connectors and wires, grounds etc. We were going to drop in the spare dist but it wouldn't seat. Truck still had no spark or fuel with the EST unplugged. Much swearing and sweating, being ready to push it in the street and light it on fire, the hubby decides we are just going to put the original dist back in and recheck timing to make sure it didn't jump or anything.

Put new distributor in, hubby notices the connectors that go into the ICM are pulled rather tight. So he adjusts the top of the distributor so it isn't as tight. Go through the timing check, it fires up (Yay!) but throws a SES light. Which is awesome because through all of this, no SES or CEL ever. So we jump the ALDL, and it actually gives me OBD1 codes (another bonus!) Codes were 34 (MAF sensor didn't have the vacuum line hooked back up) and 42 which is ICM connection to ECM. The hubby starts messing with the 2 wire and 4 wire connectors to the ICM. The 4 wire connector had been stretched and he could wiggle the connector and get the truck to almost die and then get it to run smooth. A few more adjustments and VIOLA! The truck is running like a damned top. No weird ass flutter/hiccup at stop lights, no hard downshifting as I'm slowing down, it cranks right up! Finally! We are going to replace that connector, I also got the wiring harness from that donor. Oh and my very slow oil leak was found. Pinched valve cover gasket. Boom!

Thank you everyone that helped me out. If you ever in St. Pete, Fl, I'll buy you a beer or coffee if beer isn't your thing. And you can laugh at my ghetto ass Franken-Betty 2 door Hoe.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well after replacing a bunch of stuff over the week, we figured it out. Thank god a buddy pulled his 94 350 tbi and let me come rob a million parts off of it. So my ICM, distributor, etc all came off the running donor and allowed us to figure out exactly what it was.

So this morning we start going back through everything, rechecking all of the connectors and wires, grounds etc. We were going to drop in the spare dist but it wouldn't seat. Truck still had no spark or fuel with the EST unplugged. Much swearing and sweating, being ready to push it in the street and light it on fire, the hubby decides we are just going to put the original dist back in and recheck timing to make sure it didn't jump or anything.

Put new distributor in, hubby notices the connectors that go into the ICM are pulled rather tight. So he adjusts the top of the distributor so it isn't as tight. Go through the timing check, it fires up (Yay!) but throws a SES light. Which is awesome because through all of this, no SES or CEL ever. So we jump the ALDL, and it actually gives me OBD1 codes (another bonus!) Codes were 34 (MAF sensor didn't have the vacuum line hooked back up) and 42 which is ICM connection to ECM. The hubby starts messing with the 2 wire and 4 wire connectors to the ICM. The 4 wire connector had been stretched and he could wiggle the connector and get the truck to almost die and then get it to run smooth. A few more adjustments and VIOLA! The truck is running like a damned top. No weird ass flutter/hiccup at stop lights, no hard downshifting as I'm slowing down, it cranks right up! Finally! We are going to replace that connector, I also got the wiring harness from that donor. Oh and my very slow oil leak was found. Pinched valve cover gasket. Boom!

Thank you everyone that helped me out. If you ever in St. Pete, Fl, I'll buy you a beer or coffee if beer isn't your thing. And you can laugh at my ghetto ass Franken-Betty 2 door Hoe.
Congratulations. It's always the dumb little stuff that gets you--Every time.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Congratulations. It's always the dumb little stuff that gets you--Every time.
Seriously. I was like that's it, I'm selling her. Now it will be rear brakes and axle seals. I might need to let the hubby recuperate from this for a while. Every time we do something good for it, the truck is like no, I must remain a pile of crap. LOL

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Seriously. I was like that's it, I'm selling her. Now it will be rear brakes and axle seals. I might need to let the hubby recuperate from this for a while. Every time we do something good for it, the truck is like no, I must remain a pile of crap. LOL
Hopefully the brakes won't fight you too bad. Axle seals will def suk tho, so be prepared for that one--plus it's stinky.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Hopefully the brakes won't fight you too bad. Axle seals will def suk tho, so be prepared for that one--plus it's stinky.

I'm scared of what we are going to find when we crack open the diff. That is terrifying. Especially given how much red clay I have found everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts