No sounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have experienced the same thing. Radio works fine and then one day simply there are no sounds in the vehicle, no radio, no turn signals, no backup assistance warning. Just like Odewang reports turn vehicle off exit lock and came back to vehilce started vehicle and it worked. This is a ghost problem and GM has a difficult time finding a ghost. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

usadelta,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This issue may be due to a software anomaly and may be resolved with a reprogram to the latest software for the audio amplifier.

This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They should be able to provide additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Ocanada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No Sounds

Hi.

New here, but thought I'd jump in.

Same thing with my 2011 Yukon SLT. Second time it has done this in the two months I've had it. I will try in the morning to see if any of the suggestions work. Last time I pulled the fuses to check them, and they were fine. But then everything worked. I tried restarting it tonight to see if that worked but it didn't. I will report back if I can fix it, or if I go to the dealership and spend money on it.

Ocanada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No Sounds

Hi.

Just got back from the dealership. Still the same as last night, no sound. After doing some plug in diagnostics, they are replacing the radio. There were no sounds at all from radio, back up sensor or signals. The radio itself would also not change bands. I told them I had tried turning the car on and off without results. So we go into the service area and he calls the tech out. He goes out, starts the car up, and bingo everything works!! They will replace the radio this week. Hopefully that is it. If not, the next to get replaced is the amp. Luckily I have hardly used the car, so it is still under warranty. Yahoo!!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ocanada,

Please keep us posted of the results.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

harms96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to forums. I have a 08 tahoe hybrid with similar sound problems as mentioned above. All sound just randomly cut out and on and now completely doesnt work. Does anyone know a fix for it yet?
Thanks

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to forums. I have a 08 tahoe hybrid with similar sound problems as mentioned above. All sound just randomly cut out and on and now completely doesnt work. Does anyone know a fix for it yet?
Thanks

A blown speaker will cause the radio amplification go into protect mode, you could have a blown speaker, very common in 07+ causing that problem. All your sounds that don't work play through the radio.

MJClark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon Denali XL. The problem is there is no sound at all coming from the car, no ticking sound from the hazard or blinkers, no sound from the radio or DVD, no warning sound from the parking assist. Nothing. How do you even go about trying to diagnose this problem, where should I look first? Help! This is the second time this has happened and it's random.

I am going to bring this thread back up because this morning, this exact thing happened to me. I ejected the CD from the radio and still no luck. When I got to work I shut off the truck, opened the door, closed the door, and tried to restart it, and still no sounds. It is in a 2008 Yukon Denali XL

What was the result from everyone's issues? Did they get fixed or are they still pending?

jggonzalezjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum here. I have a 2007 Tahoe LT with 94k miles on it.

This morning as I drove off, noticed immediately that my turn signals weren't making any clicking noises, but the front and rear lights blinked as they should be, yet no sound. I noticed the radio was off and no clock/time was on it. I tried the power button, changing the source to CD, XM, etc, nothing....no power to the radio, yet everything else working fine except the sound of the signals. Super annoying.

Then, during lunch today, same issue on truck, went to a nearby Discount Tire as the TPM light indicated that one tire had 59 psi of air which was odd, all four tires were right at 38 PSI except for the rear/left tire that indicated 59 PSI actually had 30. The guy added air to match 38 psi to the other tires and as I drove off, the TPM light came back on blinking non-stop and then on the dash said SERVICE TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM.

Could one bad sensor cause this? Any feedback would be appreciated on my issues here. Trying to fix this myself and avoid the dealership.

aguilera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone...I'm new here but I found this forum trying to find a solution for the same issue...I have a 2014 yukon and driving this morning all sounds goes off, radio, gps, turn signals, and a "park assist off" shows up as well....I live in Miami, so snow is not the problem, I was driving in a clean road, no debris, no raining, no nothing that can obstruct the sensors (at least is what I think)... any ideas?... I will appreciate any feedback

Last edited:

Ezzzzy

Reaction score
No solution here but I did notice that I lost all sound after folding the 3rd row seats up (collapse the seat and then release it to its vertical position). It almost hast to have something to do with something in the back of the vehicle.

I also noticed that if you turn the radio up all the way you will hear the music but its super quiet.

Putting the seat back down and restarting the car seemed to remedy the problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu