No sounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucciola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon Denali XL. The problem is there is no sound at all coming from the car, no ticking sound from the hazard or blinkers, no sound from the radio or DVD, no warning sound from the parking assist. Nothing. How do you even go about trying to diagnose this problem, where should I look first? Help! This is the second time this has happened and it's random.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have bose you might want to check the amplifirer maybe something came unplugged. or if there is a fuse to it maybe the fuse is blown.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon Denali XL. The problem is there is no sound at all coming from the car, no ticking sound from the hazard or blinkers, no sound from the radio or DVD, no warning sound from the parking assist. Nothing. How do you even go about trying to diagnose this problem, where should I look first? Help! This is the second time this has happened and it's random.

Does the sound system, radio, work normally?

mmvdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys. I apologize in advance for hijacking the post, but I am having a very similar problem. '08 Yukon Denali, back door speakers just stopped working (Bose stereo). All else with the stereo appears to be working properly, it's only the speakers in the back doors (both sides). Checked balance and fade...not that easy. I've seen several posts that suggest checking the amp for loose connections...dumb question time. How do I access the amp?
Thanks for any/all input...trying to avoid taking it to the dealership if at all possible.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hi guys. I apologize in advance for hijacking the post, but I am having a very similar problem. '08 Yukon Denali, back door speakers just stopped working (Bose stereo). All else with the stereo appears to be working properly, it's only the speakers in the back doors (both sides). Checked balance and fade...not that easy. I've seen several posts that suggest checking the amp for loose connections...dumb question time. How do I access the amp?
Thanks for any/all input...trying to avoid taking it to the dealership if at all possible.

Mkae sure your rear audio headphone output is not activated. The on/off switch is on the back of the center console. When it's on it turns off the rear audio to te speakers.

odewang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also have a 2008 Yukon Denali XL and the problem (no sound coming from the car, no ticking sound from the hazard or blinkers, no sound from the radio or DVD, no warning sound from the parking assist. Nothing) has occurred twice randomly. Sound is restored after I turn off the ignition, exit and lock the doors, unlock the doors and start the car (I mention this only because I have tried just turning on and off the ignition and still no sound). I discuss the problem with my service department, but they never heard/came across this problem. Unfortunately each time the problem occurred, the service department was closed and it is useless bring the car to them when the sounds are working/restored.

Weird!

atalakoub

Reaction score
I have had this problem, and found that if you press eject on the cd player (mine always has a CD in it) it works again. Otherwise i have not been able to figure out why.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this problem, and found that if you press eject on the cd player (mine always has a CD in it) it works again. Otherwise i have not been able to figure out why.

That's interesting. The eject button has been the solution to my problem. Every now and then the stereo will not turn on when I start the truck.

Hope you guys figure out your problems. This is the first American vehicle I've ever bought. Haven't had one in my family since my parents' Ford Country Squire station wagon in the 70's. I love the Tahoe but the electronics are buggy.

usadelta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Denali no sounds from radio or turn signals

I have experienced the same thing. Radio works fine and then one day simply there are no sounds in the vehicle, no radio, no turn signals, no backup assistance warning. Just like Odewang reports turn vehicle off exit lock and came back to vehilce started vehicle and it worked. This is a ghost problem and GM has a difficult time finding a ghost. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts