No Power at OBD Port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrummerDude70

Reaction score
Hello, all! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Ok, so my '02 Tahoe a "service engine" light, so I took it in to be scanned. I was told there is no power at the OBD port and was told it could be a fuse or wiring issue. I'm thinking fuse, as no one has ever messed with any wiring in the truck. Anyone have any experience with this? TIA

andyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, all! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Ok, so my '02 Tahoe a "service engine" light, so I took it in to be scanned. I was told there is no power at the OBD port and was told it could be a fuse or wiring issue. I'm thinking fuse, as no one has ever messed with any wiring in the truck. Anyone have any experience with this? TIA
Check to make sure your acc ports are working or a cigarette lighter. If not is is usually that fuse that powers the OBD.

OP
OP
D

DrummerDude70

Reaction score
I know the acc ports are operational. I drove it to lunch one day, and upon startup, the light came on. Don't know if that helps...

Jps0039

Reaction score
The two I have up front have not worked since I bought in 2010. Anyone know what fuse it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jps0039

Reaction score
Just making sure there wasn’t something I had over looked or another I didn’t know of. Of course this has been checked before. Thanks for the response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC