No oil pressure at start up, 2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NBS motors don't use that filter. Not sure if you can add it.
Thanks Tony. No wonder I couldn't find one for the 2000-06 That's ok it was cheap. That's great we never have to worry about our filter plugging up. Sure hope I got the correct Pressure sensor. Delco 12616646 three prong will find out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just walk in with Part Numbers and say do ya have that one and how much is it. I usually know more than they do.
That’s what I do on the rare occasion I go to a parts store. I don’t remember the last time I had them look something up. The last time I even came close was calling an auto glass shop looking for the hatch glass from an 05-06 Tahoe with the wide trim at the top and no frame around the glass. I got so tired of explaining my truck was an 02 Denali so “that doesn’t do any good “ when she kept asking for my VIN. I guess it was completely confusing that I have parts from several years and models on my truck.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I do on the rare occasion I go to a parts store. I don’t remember the last time I had them look something up. The last time I even came close was calling an auto glass shop looking for the hatch glass from an 05-06 Tahoe with the wide trim at the top and no frame around the glass. I got so tired of explaining my truck was an 02 Denali so “that doesn’t do any good “ when she kept asking for my VIN. I guess it was completely confusing that I have parts from several years and models on my truck.
I order a lot of parts but with Napa and O'Reilly less than five miles away I still go to the Auto Store. I get most my P/N's off of ebay. It's also nice to have a GM Dealer close as well. Always fun to look at the new trucks while your getting your parts.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You gotta see the years I get to pick from on my Amazon list.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my old pressure finally goes to 0 now it idle. Normally at idle it would be about 20 and the highest it high RPM at 40. I have 283 k on it right now I have four wheel drive how hard is it to drop the front axle a little forward?
oil pickup oring or bad sensor, clogged screen is typical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne