No locking gas door or cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevedonato

Reaction score
My 07 Suburban had the screw on cap, thus I put a locking one on to prevent fuel theft and more importantly vandalism. However the 2015 Escalade I picked up is cap-less and even worse, when the doors are locked and the alarm armed, the door does not lock. On our 2004 BMW 330cic when the door was locked, you could not open the door without prying it open.
So is mine not functioning properly, or has this important safety/security feature not been included in the king of SUV's?

Pretty cheapo for GM, My 1982 toyota land crusier has a screw on gas cap with built in key lock from the factory. Looking for 1990's suburban, silverado or Sierra now. I hope they have screw on caps?

stevedonato

Reaction score
Like Do said, precious metals. We have a VW dealership in town that got hit one night and they stole about 20 cats off the new cars in the lot. They slide under, sawzall the cats and move on to the next. Can't say if its always for drugs or not but most of the time the theft is big money but the few that are caught, its all about a big house and fancy cars. Most dope fiends are too busy looking for their next fix to be bothered to get themselves a house in a nice neighborhood and an Lexus.

What town I want to stay away?

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cheapo for GM, My 1982 toyota land crusier has a screw on gas cap with built in key lock from the factory. Looking for 1990's suburban, silverado or Sierra now. I hope they have screw on caps?

I owned a 1997 and it had a screw on cap. I think they always have until this new generation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack10432

Latest posts