No locking gas door or cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 Suburban had the screw on cap, thus I put a locking one on to prevent fuel theft and more importantly vandalism. However the 2015 Escalade I picked up is cap-less and even worse, when the doors are locked and the alarm armed, the door does not lock. On our 2004 BMW 330cic when the door was locked, you could not open the door without prying it open.
So is mine not functioning properly, or has this important safety/security feature not been included in the king of SUV's?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely do not like that set up..My gas cap door was open one morning when I came out of my hotel while laying over in New Jersey..Then it happened again in Georgia.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely do not like that set up..My gas cap door was open one morning when I came out of my hotel while laying over in New Jersey..Then it happened again in Georgia.

Indeed, and siphoning is the small issue. All it would take to ruin your car would be some punk pouring something into your fuel system that would damage your engine. I cannot understand how such an obvious oversight could occur for the elite SUV they charge upwards of $90k for.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not cheap but would be cheap insurance. I'd definitely have to paint mine to match though.