No locking gas door or cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, when was the last time you tried to siphon some gas out of one of these suv's, give a it a try and tell me how it goes.

Now, adding something to the tank, that's another story...

gonatee

Reaction score
Dang haven't noticed this yet! Figured the fuel door would lock with the other doors like Hyundai's, Kia's and all the other 20k+ automobiles

Very disappointing but not suppressed! Just another cut corner by gm to save money:/

Thieves use 1/4 drip line to get past siphon blocks, or just drill a small hole in the gas tank. They do his to several vehicles shoving containers underneath then coming back later collecting he fuel.. suck cause the tank needs to be replaced.
However like dbbd1 pointed out, which is is even worse,
a damaged motor cuz some loser has convenient access!!

Sure would be nice protect my overpriced investment!!

Seriously??

Thanks gm!!

gonatee

Reaction score
At least the fill neck opening is tucked back in the pocket enough so that water does drip in the tank.
Last vehicle I had was a 2017 silverado 1500 z71.
Water runs right down the truck and drips off the top of the fuel fill pocket right into the cap less fill neck. Doesn't matter if the fuel doors closed cause it just follows the body rt behind the door to a perfect drip edge centered directly above the
filler neck opening. Either a major design flaw, or done on purpose??

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the fill neck opening is tucked back in the pocket enough so that water does drip in the tank.
Last vehicle I had was a 2017 silverado 1500 z71.
Water runs right down the truck and drips off the top of the fuel fill pocket right into the cap less fill neck. Doesn't matter if the fuel doors closed cause it just follows the body rt behind the door to a perfect drip edge centered directly above the
filler neck opening. Either a major design flaw, or done on purpose??
Id like to disagree with you about water getting into your gas tank... with the thousands of trucks out there you think you'd hear about a recall but i dont own one so I couldn’t tell ya. Good luck with that....

gonatee

Reaction score
IMG_6830.PNG
Id like to disagree with you about water getting into your gas tank... with the thousands of trucks out there you think you'd hear about a recall but i dont own one so I couldn’t tell ya. Good luck with that....

I'm handling it lol!

Beings the fuel door doesn't lock, next time ur around a new chevy truck open the fuel door and sight straight down the body. Lines up dead center. There would actually be water pooled up on the flap that covers the hole! Also google locking gas cap new gm and look at all the complaints about dirt and water buildup.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 191400

I'm handling it lol!

Beings the fuel door doesn't lock, next time ur around a new chevy truck open the fuel door and sight straight down the body. Lines up dead center. There would actually be water pooled up on the flap that covers the hole! Also google locking gas cap new gm and look at all the complaints about dirt and water buildup.
Ok, i will. Not saying its not true, just saying i would think there’d be big talk about people getting water in their fuel tanks... shit wouldn’t start..

gonatee

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076