No heat on driver or pass...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Engine hot, all controls responsive, but no heat.
Dual-zone digital climate control.

Temp never changes no matter what I select with the knobs.
I have changed out the airaitor, done complete recallibration procedure, and checked that the heater core hoses are indeed hot.

Are the temperature actuator motors known to be such an issue? It would be surprising to me that, exactly and only, two motors are bad with all else functioning.

Any help appreciated!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it is one of the rigs you list in your signature, you didn't give any info by the way so I am assuming it could be a 2005 whatchamacallit, you may have better luck posting this in the right section.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Need more info but do the fans run? Do you get heat at the defroster? Any recent service done? Coolant loss?

Everything works except heat, literally. AC is ice cold, all vents work, all selections, etc.
No coolant loss at all. TBF tho, Ive only had the truck for about two months now. I myself haven't done anything to the coolant system, but that's not to say previous owner hasn't. Again tho, the heater core hoses get pretty damned hot.

As for fans, Im assuming you mean electric rad fan. I can only assume so as I imagine it would have overheated by now. I will check tomorrow to confirm.

If it is one of the rigs you list in your signature, you didn't give any info by the way so I am assuming it could be a 2005 whatchamacallit, you may have better luck posting this in the right section.

No idea why I cant edit my post, sorry.
It is a 2003 Avalanche, optioned to the sky.
Ill go edit my sig now

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By fans I was referring to the hvac sorry about that. If the same thing happens in auto or manual mode. As Ron stated the blend doors are the next step. I’m not sure if a Tech2 can evaluate those but James @swathdiver may know so you don’t have to dig that deep only to find the problem is elsewhere.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine hot, all controls responsive, but no heat.
Dual-zone digital climate control.

Temp never changes no matter what I select with the knobs.
I have changed out the airaitor, done complete recallibration procedure, and checked that the heater core hoses are indeed hot.

Are the temperature actuator motors known to be such an issue? It would be surprising to me that, exactly and only, two motors are bad with all else functioning.

Any help appreciated!

Hello again neighbor! There are 4 actuators for the AC up front. 1 each for the driver and passenger for temperature control, 1 that controls modes and 1 for fresh air. The first 3 could be culpable in keeping the heat from working. Won't know for sure what's wrong without using a Tech-2 to pull the internal codes.

Will the truck be over in PSL or Fort Pierce? You're welcome to stop by and we'll pull the codes with my Tech-2.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Hello again neighbor! There are 4 actuators for the AC up front. 1 each for the driver and passenger for temperature control, 1 that controls modes and 1 for fresh air. The first 3 could be culpable in keeping the heat from working. Won't know for sure what's wrong without using a Tech-2 to pull the internal codes.

Will the truck be over in PSL or Fort Pierce? You're welcome to stop by and we'll pull the codes with my Tech-2.

Thank you for the info and the invite sir!
I would be happy to stop by when youre available.
Unfortunately I have already planned to take the family to Tampa tonight and wont be back till late Sunday evening. Are you available during the week late evenings?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info and the invite sir!
I would be happy to stop by when youre available.
Unfortunately I have already planned to take the family to Tampa tonight and wont be back till late Sunday evening. Are you available during the week late evenings?

Usually, we'll work out a time. Contact me when you get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727