No front heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my thermostat recently and added some coolant to my system. However, my front heat and defrost are blowing cold air. My rear heat works perfectly fine but the front is not. I’ve noticed but inlet and outlet hose are cold connecting to the firewall. What do y’all think the problem is?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem is you can no longer feel heat with your hands, it would be impossible to have cold heater hose's and have heat at the same time, the heater hose's that go into the firewall also t-off to the rear. you most likely have a bad blend door actuator or 2 bad blend door actuators or broken blend door(s)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 things-
1st as doube said, actuator (s)
2nd not enough coolant
3rd flush heater core... been seeing thus alot lately.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. It was my heater core. I just flushed it both ways a few times and now I have heat again. My hoses were not cold. I would try and take 10 mins to flush the heater core. To me, it is probably the quickest and easiest thing to try.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been fighting with similar issues. I have drained coolant a couple of times in the last couple months while replacing the waterpump, radiator, and flushing the reservoir. Each time it took about 4 days to get the front heat back. I added coolant a little each day until the reservoir stayed full. My assumption was air remained trapped. Could be from crud in core, probably will never know for sure, but at least the heat is back. I also tried overfilling a bit thinking that would save time. Big mistake as it just caused coolant to puke out the overfill tube. Only slow and steady worked for me.

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve also notice it won’t let me change to the other air type. It lights up 4 times and just doesn’t switch. Does this mean it’s the blend door?
B38F724A-8978-42CE-BF27-5C36EC541443.jpeg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats recirculated air, sometines it has to be on an a/c function, cooler temp for that to work, try swapping temp first then air direction and see whats up

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I changed my blend door actuator however there is still no heat. Should I flush it now?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Did you turn the knob and verify that the blend door is actually moving? You could also have a stuck heater valve or broken cable. You can check that by manually moving the valve and see if you get heat. Last thing I would check is often with vehicles with rear heating, air can get trapped in the system. You can try bleeding by removing the cap, jack up the front and let it run. Raising the front up will help the trapped air work it’s way out to the top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17