No chips yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm just wondering if GM still has caught up with the chip shortage. I purchased my 22 Suburban in June of 22. A couple of features won't work due to the chip shortage. Dealer says they still don't have the chips. I'm wondering what others are seeing with this issue.

Thank you,

Harry

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm just wondering if GM still has caught up with the chip shortage. I purchased my 22 Suburban in June of 22. A couple of features won't work due to the chip shortage. Dealer says they still don't have the chips. I'm wondering what others are seeing with this issue.

Thank you,

Harry
GM Authority has stated that the heated seat retrofits have started; haven't heard anyting about the remaining ones...you will be contacted (kind of like a recall notice) by GM when your parts are available...net "caught up" = no; "getting caught up" = maybe.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New rigs seem to be building complete - there's still constraints on certain features. Someone posted here a couple of days ago a constraint list from their dealer and Max Tow Pkg is back at 0%.

As far as chips for retrofit - I've seen heated steering wheel and heated/ventilated seats getting retrofitted, but parking sensors are still TBD.

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you,

Harry
Evidently not. I’ve been waiting since April 2022 on my 22 Yukon. The Dealer acts like they know absolutely nothing. So I’ve been calling Customer service And they at least verified my vin# and assured me I’m on the list and will send a recall letter when my time comes. They also told me to call every week to check if I would like. my retros are front and rear park assist and rear emergency parking. I love the truck and hope it wil be soon. Good luck on yours.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t lot of items missing actually have anything to do with chips. labour shortages or China supply chain issues are more likely.

my ventilated seats were missing on my Sept/2022 bought Yukon but were installed in December.

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You’re probably especially on your seats.best of luck on getting the rest retrofitted

OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It's frustrating to not be able to fully enjoy the truck.

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am still waiting for the heated steering wheel and front and rear park assist on my 22 Tahoe RST (March 2022 delivery). Let's keep each other updated if any of us receive the retrofits.
Sure will

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can probably use some of the chips that were allocated for 1500 production which is now suspended due to GM hitting 100 days of supply for 1/2 ton pickups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26