No chimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jump started my 2011 Tahoe this morning. Engines running fine but I don't have any chimes when I signal to turn and now my aftermarket radio screen stays lit, even when I turn it off. Also my steering wheel controls don't work. I've had to jump start it a few times in the past and never had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought the battery last year. I installed a Blackvue dash cam front and rear and it's always on. On the days I'm not driving, I usually let the engine run for a few minutes so the battery can get charged up.

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That type of parasitic drain can be h-e-hockey sticks on batteries sometimes. I’d keep an eye on the charging system, or better yet see how much power is actually being pulled while the system aka SUV is in off mode. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident, good luck.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering do you leave it on in case someone hits it or breaks in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645