NEXT GEN Upgrade Parts 2014+ - what can we use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottbrew92

Reaction score
Hmm interesting I may have to utilize the electric steering option from a later model since my 2009 Hybrid Tahoe electric steering is making a very ugly noise!!! Check out this youtube video from the other day. I tought sure the upper ball joint was bad that is wy it is labeled that way. I jus pulled the wheel off and disconnected the tierod and still have the noise so it is somewhere in the electric steering mechanism.
I have an 07 Yukon making the same exact noise, figured it too was a ball joint. Did you confirm what it is?

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely following this thread, I'm interested in this as well.

I will add that the new body style trailer hitch cover WILL NOT fit the older bumpers, it's not even close. Had the opportunity to try it out and see how far off it is and if it can be modified and well its way off, not worth any effort in it.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was in fact the ball joint but on the PASSENGER side not the drivers side like I thought. I got both sides up on jack stands and disconnected both sides tierods basically isolating each component. The noise was hard to pinpoint it sounded like it was everywhere until I did this.
After I found it I realized that the PASSENGER side still had the factory upper and lower ball joint which came WITHOUT grease fittings. They were both dry of grease. I used a grease gun with a grease needle to inject grease into the boots on both the upper and lower it is just like new now Haha. I will replace the passenger side joints this summer but seriously it is quiet as a mouse right now and I cannot detect any wear or looseness in the ball joints so I am going to drive it till the weather warms enough to mess with it or MAYBE longer LOL. Here is a short video of the PASSENGER side knuckle being moved sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard hold your ears LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645