NEXT GEN Upgrade Parts 2014+ - what can we use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As newer generations come out, we sometimes have the opportunity to use parts they improved on to make our trucks better. Can we make a list of what can be interchanged? I'm not looking for anything that requires super custom work (unless worth it).

Currently, I only know RIMS/TIRES can be added.

What about transmission (with custom mounts?)

Seats? When its time to upgrade, not always bad to look at OEM if it will fit

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 15+ jump seat in my 2010. Came that way but looks like it mounts the same as a console/correct year jump seat.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good to know. Anyone know if next gen bench and/or driver/passenger seat will fit? How about the arm rest which i hear has wireless charging, is that a direct fit on the NNBS?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Arm rest aka console cover is not a direct fit. But you can easily modify your own console lid and throw wireless charger inside so it will act just like the new trucks. Wiring for the new seats won’t be the same as NNBS either.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the electric steering rack would fit. Has the same mounting points. Since the ecu for the electric steering is made onto it, it would be an easy swap and still turn great in fail safe mode. Only thing is right now they are $800+ on eBay and other places.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting I may have to utilize the electric steering option from a later model since my 2009 Hybrid Tahoe electric steering is making a very ugly noise!!! Check out this youtube video from the other day. I tought sure the upper ball joint was bad that is wy it is labeled that way. I jus pulled the wheel off and disconnected the tierod and still have the noise so it is somewhere in the electric steering mechanism.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 10-speed auto will swap in? Just some thoughts I’ve had while driving on this 2600 mile xcountry trip lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my receipt is to be believed, the AFM lifters in my motor are the same used in the Gen V L83 motors which are much improved and way more reliable then our original Gen IV de-ac lifters.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my receipt is to be believed, the AFM lifters in my motor are the same used in the Gen V L83 motors which are much improved and way more reliable then our original Gen IV de-ac lifters.
Anyone know if the 10-speed auto will swap in? Just some thoughts I’ve had while driving on this 2600 mile xcountry trip lol
wires and programming

it easier to just swap engine and trashed mission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu