Newfoundland trip 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the last 2 weeks we drove from Southern Ontario to Newfoundland and back. Ferry crossing from North Sydney Nova Scotia to Port aux Basque Newfoundland. We put 7459.7 km or 4662.3 miles on the truck. Going out we averaged 17.1 mpg the whole trip we managed 15.83 mpg. Newfounland is not flat there are many steep grades and coming home all the way in a strong head wind courtesy Huricane Earl and a low coming across canada killed the over all milage. I have to tell you the truck preformed awesome. I couldnt be happier. The new shoes made the ride smoothhh. We mainly drove 75mph so that didnt help either. Newfoundland is one pretty place and the people are so friendly. The screnery is to die for. We did as much as we could in a short time.

Tahoe06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun trip... I'd like to drive cross country one day...

Tahoe06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a trip up to the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago playing tour guide to the parents of my wife's best friend (they're from Manitoba) and I agree. The Hoe was very comfortable for the whole ride, plus having the DVD player was nice for my 12 y/o nephew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709

Latest posts