28.3 MPG on a recent trip in my 2018 Tahoe RST 6.2L 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AZRiverRunner

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
That's a lot of air, has it worn down the center of the treads yet?
Nope, They've got over 32k miles on them, only look about half worn, even wear across the treads on all 4 tires. Plus about 5k miles flat towing behind my RV. I've rotated them every 10k miles. The stock Bridgestone tires were worn out at 33k miles, plus about 2k flat tow miles.

OP
OP
AZRiverRunner

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe before a long road trip I could see pumping them up to 40psi cold.
But for regular everyday driving, 35psi cold is where I'd like to be.
Tire pressure isn't a universal setting for all tires and vehicles. The Tahoe's RST's magnetic suspension rides firm and flat hard in turns, these 22" tires like that pressure with the weight. They grip, corner, and wear perfectly. I had the same tires, except they were a different size, 20" with a taller sidewall on my 2015 Tahoe, I kept them at 38-40, unless I was loaded down and towing my 7,500 boat. That Tahoe road like a couch, but didn't handle corners like my 2018. My point is, on the 2015, it wasn't meant to handle corners like a sports car and tire pressure didn't matter much, other than for load carrying capacity, which is higher with more pressure, up to the tire's max cold pressure.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I am seeing around 17 mpg average . Very little highway though . I don’t feel like I am leadfooting either.