Newbie to audio world. Need help. Greatly appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankie21

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Pyle View 7" Double Din TFT Touch Screen Stereo Model PLDN70U for a very good price. I dont know what it'll take to install it in my 04 Chevy Tahoe with the Bose system. Do i need this http://goo.gl/3RWZ5 ? Or what is needed to put this in my truck? Just need someone to point me in the right direction haha

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
No u shouldn't need it. If so then get it after you can't use the oem mounting. How much it run u? I wanna get a flip out for my hoe and it's not expensive for one either:)

OP
OP
F

Frankie21

Reaction score
No u shouldn't need it. If so then get it after you can't use the oem mounting. How much it run u? I wanna get a flip out for my hoe and it's not expensive for one either:)[/QUOTE

I got it from a good friend, he bought it and used it for a week or two. He liked it but wanted something better. It retails for about $200 but in only paid $100. Nothing name brand or too fancy but its a start ya know. So it should fit in the trucks stock stereo spot?

rc610

Reaction score
Idk if its the perfect fit (I've never had Pyle's Double Din) but my pioneer DD doesn't fit snug in the factory opening so instead of buying a bracket i made my own from some ~$0.87 aluminum plates from the framing hardware section at lowe's, bent them in an "L" shape, and screwed em to the side of the radio then to the factory holes in the opening and put my trim ring on but if you don't feel comfy doing that i'd just buy the eBay bracket. good luck!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do i need these three things? Is this what you have used?

Trim kit you will need.
If you want to keep the onstar and chimes, you will need the onstar harness.
Antenna adapter you will need.
I used all three or something similar but mines a 2000 tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640