newb with ?'s about mcgaughys 3/5 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deecee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '03 denali, awd, and autoride. I am going to be getting a 3/5 kit for it soon, I have in mind the 33049MGY kit from mcgaughys. I have a few questions some of you guys might have some insight to. Is this going to work with the oem air shocks? Is it going to relocate the level sensor so the truck isnt always trying to run the compressor? As it is spindles in the front with keys and 5" coils in the rear, will an aftermarket camber kit be req'd to get it back in spec?

I pull a boat and a race car trailer pretty often, so just want to make sure the bags will still keep it from sagging in the ass even with the drop.

How's the ride quality compared to stock? And lastly, how often do you guys have to avoid certain driveways, speed bumps, etc...? Plan on running 22's with 275/35 (ish)... hows the rubbing?

any other kits or thoughts are welcome, thanks in advance.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spindles and keys will bring you down 3", and you have enough wiggle room in your A-arm to align it without any camber kits. The front will ride fine - not stock, but fine.

I have never ran that model of 5" spring, but I can tell you it will definitely be a very noticeable difference from stock. It will take some getting used to.

I would think the kit should come with sensor relocators for your shocks.

You wont have any problems with driveways/speed bumps. It doesnt sit that low - unfortunately.

Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper