new yukon owner with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03yukon22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i got my first yukon sunday and its great. i have a few q's if anyone could help me out that will be great. its a 2003 slt, fully loaded, sunroof, 2wd, 5.3l, k&n filter, flowmaster single exhaust
-can i run E85 in it?
-what are some good, cheap, power upgrades?
-do they make 2wd lift its for this?
-and if anyone has anymore info they know about it that i dont, please type away lol

Thanks, Nick.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it says Flexfuel on it, yes you can run e85, if not, i say no.

Cai, and Black bear tune for mods.

welcome to the site :D

OP
OP

03yukon22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you sir, ill look into that. the reason i ask about the E85 is because on the inside of the fuel door it says "do not use additives with E85" so i figured it might be a flexfuel. but the guy that had it before me took most of the badges off of it so im not sure.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think a Z in the vin = yes flex fuel.. Mine is (before the 6.0) and I didnt have any badges saying so.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think a Z in the vin = yes flex fuel.. Mine is (before the 6.0) and I didnt have any badges saying so.

Correct.

However, unless e85 is more than 20% cheaper than gasoline, it will cost you more per mile travelled than gasoline.

OP
OP

03yukon22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks guys. ill check the vin, and i didnt want to run E85 i was just curious for information.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
crawl under and find fuel filter, if it has the weird clamps holding it on, its E85, regular wrench ends, gasoline.

OP
OP

03yukon22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks blueflamed03. ill look today.
amaz- i live on a farm and live on a dirt road so that wouldnt be such a good idea, plus thats not my style, but i do like the look of lowered ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420