New User - but looking to buy new PPV "toy"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

@Fubar0715 may have some additional comments for you with regards to owning a PPV.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OP - where are you located. Second one seems way high....This is where https://www.deusmotors.com/cars-for-sale I got mine from (depends on your location) but they have several 2013s for under 12 and a few 2015/16s for under 15k. PPVs typically are less expensive - I have the SSV (4x4) version. Depending on what may have been done to civilize them, I think that is where you see price fluctuations.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SSV (4x4) version. Depending on what may have been done to civilize them, I think that is where you see price fluctuations.
SSVs would - to me - seem more desirable. AWD & 4WD, better axle(s) ratio.
But I wish they'd stop removing the spotlights. Extra lighting is always helpful.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey gang!

I have the opportunity to buy a police Tahoe (both 2013s)

Milage on one is 40k with 4647.2 engine hours ($10k)
the other is 90k with 14,564.3 engine hours. ($15K)

Just off this alone, would entertain purchasing one of these, or even putting in time to look at them?

This would be my second car I have another vehicle for daily driver.

Thanks in advance!
We made a thread on this forum a while ago comparing hours to miles. My express van (same platform as Gm trucks and SUVs). Had 40k miles and roughly 8500 hours when I bought it by my Yukon had 50k miles and around 2000 hours.

so I’m just estimating that the hour count(8000) is equivalent to 200-300k miles. I wouldn’t even consider 14k hours unless budgeting to replace that drivetrain

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any of the fleet rigs should be expected for lotsa engine hours - mine had something like 95 something......but under 112k when bought. My CBP truck sat idle for a lot of its life in the desert - found pounds of dirt in there interior panels and a few driver licenses/state IDs out of Mexico as an added bonus.

waveryd

Reaction score
Those prices seem pretty high but that depends on the vehicle overall condition and your market area. I see people paying almost double the prices that I pay for used parts and vehicles here in central MO. Thankfully things are pretty reasonable here. In the months of November and December last year there was a lot of good inventory of PPV and SSV vehicles on purple wave. This morning there is a total of three listed. I would say departments were trying to get them sold before the end of the year. I would also check Asia Motors and Chicago Motors in the Chicago area for price reference. I have no experience with either of these dealers but have heard good reviews. Definitely shop around.
Incidentally, my 2014 PPV had 140,000 miles and 11,000 hours on it when I purchased it a year ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts