New to the Forum ’15 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I vote for debadging the lettering rather than wrapping. Much cleaner look IMO.

With regards to tuning your truck in general, check out Black Bear Performance as an option either for a local in-person tune when they come to your city or via their AutoCal.
http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

Plenty of threads, comments and members who have used their services.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
First off, get that Direct Injected engine a catch can. There are many makers, research it and pick one. Elite, RX, Moroso, Mishimoto are great choices. Why? Valve coking - carbon build up on your intake valves because the intake is sucking in your crankcase vapors, the catch can catches this junk before it enters your intake. Read up about it, you'll want one. As for CAI - skip K&N completely unless you want their Blackhawk system, but that's about 5th down the list of the best ones for your Tahoe. Volant, S&B, Cold Air Inductions, AFE are your best choices and all pretty much equal in performance - not so in price. Again, research is the key. Tuning - will probably void your warranty. Some dealers don't care, most do. All I've ever heard/seen is don't get a hand held tuner either. AFM - is not as big of problem on these new engines as it was prior to 2014.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m been peaking around the forum for a while and finally decided to join! Great convo’s and suggestions from the members... definitely giving me some ideas. So a couple of questions. I’m contemplating getting some of the chrome trim and the Tahoe branding on my ‘15 Tahoe wrapped in matte and glossy black.

Question: For those who have have wrapped, have you had issue w/ the wrap lasting and what is the maintenance like?

Also would like to upgrade the exhaust system w/ a Corsa Performance 14859 w/ black tips. I’ve read reviews on the Corsa and they come highly recommended, but would like to get the opinions from those who have upgraded their exhausts as well. Finally what is a good cold air intake and would you recommend upgrading w/ the Corsa?

Looking forward to hearing some feedback!
Welcome to the forum! You've got all the right ideas to turn your Tahoe into really nice looking truck. A few things that I recommend is totally debadging your Tahoe emblems. Looks a lot cleaner without them and keeps people guessing what kind of sick truck you have :) (Sometimes the Chevy emblem isn't enough for people to realize it's a Tahoe). Vinyl wrapping is the way to go to cover up your chrome window trim. Can be a bit pricey if you need someone to do it, but will alter the look of your truck BIG TIME! If you have the source to get your grille color matched, I recommend that you do that. If not, vinyl wrap will do just fine. Just make sure to always have your truck hand washed if you go this route. Corsa sport exhaust is going to be your best bet for sound and no drone. Sounds great during cold start and when you give it some gas, but the best part is that you don't hear it when you're cruising on the freeway. Unless you like hearing your exhaust the entire time you're driving, Corsa is not what you want. Good luck with your mods! Keep us all posted with before and after pics!!

leroy712

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I have the Corsa Sport exhaust with the black chrome tips paired with an aFe Power CAI on my Tahoe. No drone and decent power gain. I also run a custom Super Chips tune. Sounds fantastic and not obnoxious at all. Nice and mean when you jump on it as well.

I also concure with MSalinas408. Debage and get the chrome vinyl wrapped. That’s what I did to mine (kept black bow ties though). Looks a ton better IMO. Have fun with your build!

OP
OP
Julez

Julez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some updates done! Added Cora exhaust, AFE CAI, majority chrome delete, although some still remaining. Next items on the list are leveling kit and locating a new grille (black) and potential debadging.

Any thoughts on a place to locate a black grille?

Thanks again for all the recommendations...more to come!

4AD81AA3-1F9D-4065-BAFF-A0A6AC10000A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts