New (to me) Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donbickle707

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After not having a Tahoe for the last three years, I have stepped back into one, a Charcoal Gray 2003 Tahoe 4x4 that is (or was) completely bone stock. All I have done so far is replace the Gabriel shocks with something a little stiffer, some Bilsteins. Looking for some ideas and opinions as to what has worked or hasn't worked for performance upgrades, suspension upgrades, mods/conversions, must do repairs, or any common issues I should keep an eye on. Also hoping for some info/tips for the 5.3 as my previous one was a 98 with a 5.7 small block 350. Also looking for a small suspension lift, my 98 had a 2" lift that was perfect, but so far the "smallest" one I have found is 4" which is my limit for lifts and as I like to stay under 4". Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

PS: I already have a K&N on the way and an appointment to have a flow master installed.

Last edited:

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 03 suburban that color.
No lift but I did put bilsteins on that truck.

I had an 01 that my father took, the brake lines rusted pretty well and there is a controller for the abs under the drivers seat on the underside of the car that needed replacing too.

Tranny has been known to have issues at 120k

OP
OP
D

donbickle707

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I screwed up and didn't realize I posted this in the 2015+ forum, my apologies... If anyone can move the thread that would be much appreciated! Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700