New to me 2007 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Just picked up a 2007 Yukon last night. I've read through quite a few threads about the Airaid and BB tuning and just have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. It seems that Airaid is the best performance intake out there in the Jr. model. Has anyone had any problems with the MAF sensor when switching over to these intakes?
2. Black Bear seems to be the best tuning as far as being "custom". I traded in a Titan and we had Uprev for this purpose. The thing is, most handheld tuners would offer almost identical performance gains unless you went with Headers or cams and needed more involved tuning. The Bully Dog GT and Hypertech seemed to offer the best performance for us. Are there handheld tuners that are almost as good as BB but cheaper? Not doubting BB's value, just looking to save some bucks. The biggest fault with our trucks was that WOT wasn't achieved until 20mph(4wd) and 40mph(2wd). Handhelds would release this restriction and also offer basic maps.

Sorry for the rookie questions and thanks for any and all responses. BTW, I will not be doing exhaust as the wife put the cabash on that after having it on my truck....

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the full AIRAID intake and had zero issues with the maf sensor. Also the bb tune is worth the extra money because you can send your driving log to BB and they will send you a custom tune via email from it. The other handheld tuners are just using preset tables to tune your vehicle.

OP
OP
T

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I was looking at the Airaid systems. The one for the Titan had a huge oval cone style filter. If I'm looking at the Airaid JR. kit that folks claim to be the best for price and performance, it uses the stock airbox and just replaces the tube and adds an Airaid flat filter? Is that right or am I missing something. Thanks.

Oh, and for the handheld tuners, I understand the preset canned tunes, as I had a few for my Titan. Having said that, is there one that's noticeably better than another? There doesn't seem to be a lot of folks that are running them unless I'm just not searching far enough back....

Best regards,

Tighe

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have both. One is the Jr. (Stock air box with drop in filter and the modular intake tube) and one is a full CAI with the cone shaped performance filter and a separate heat shield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable