Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJ Gray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg

Been lurking for a while and decided to finally post Big Black!

Bought it in 2017. Really Clean. Ran beautiful. No issues until...

Summer 2018 - Had an electrical issue where it wouldn't start up after driving. Everytime I would call for a flatbed tow, they would try to start it and nothing. When it was loaded onto the flatbed, it started. Took it to the dealer to find out the wiring harness was shot and "needed to be replaced". Of course, GM was not going to cover any of it. $1600 later and a new harness, haven't had anymore issues since summer 2018. I BETTER NOT!

In January 2019, she started riding rough. I'm sure these Chicago potholes played a big part in that. I went to the dealer to ask about replacement struts and was floored when they said $1200 for just the fronts. Luckily a friend that works at Pep Boys suggested that I check RockAuto.com. I listened and I am glad I did. I got two complete front struts with the springs and two rear air shocks and rear brake pads for a grand total of $700. And I also got $100 core return on the struts. So $600 total was more than fine with me! I had a local shop install everything for $250. The truck rides AWESOME like it's supposed to.

I replaced all of the exterior lights with LASFIT led's and I love them. Great customer service.

Changed the headlight housing to the ALL CHROME instead of the ones from the factory that had the aluminum look which I didn't care for. Got 'em on ebay for less than $130 for both.

I know it's hard to tell from the pictures but she really needs some work done on the paint. I have a couple of rust bubbles on the front passenger side fender and on the rear drivers side fender. I plan to have this taken care of within the next month or so. I'll completely replace the front fender and have the drivers side cut out and welded. Not sure yet if I should do a complete repaint or just paint correction and possibly ceramic coating.

I plan to replace the tail lights with the 2015 Yukon Denali style tail lights unless I run across something else that catches my eye.

Thinking of getting the Esky ESV Dual bumper because I love the look. I know, I know it's been done many times before. I just really like it.

I'm sorry if a little long winded.
That's all for now.
MJ

OP
OP
MJ Gray

MJ Gray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No problem. Trying to post the Amazon & Ebay links but they keep getting rejected as possible spam. Here are the items anyway.

LASFIT H13 9008 72W 6000K LED

download.jpeg

LASFIT 194 168 T10 2825 W5W LED Bulb Canbus Error Free YELLOW

71CjkV7epiL._AC_UL115_.jpg

LASFIT 3157 6000K

71BirY+fLkL._AC_UL100_SR100,100_.jpg

Last edited: