New to me 01 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
Hello all,
first off I am new to this forum,but not forums in general. I am a current Harley forum member and Chrysler.

I just purchased a month or so ago my 1st SUV being the Yukon XL. Just happen to get a great deal on it. One owner dealer maintained most of PM was done. truck has 122K new tires great clothe interior no stains or tears all original no mods newer exhaust,brake lines tune up and other things.

any how the only issue i see is the ABS light on been searching online and seems the common problem is the EBCM soldering is bad. I planned on pulling it this weekend to check it out.

Other than that all seems well but if any of you have other experience that i should be aware of let me know that way i can get ahead of it.

Thanks,

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! And Congratulations on the purchase of your 2001. I have a 2001 Suburban, which I have owned since January 2006, and have done most repairs myself so I am very familiar with this truck. I too had to repair my EBCM, I did mine this past summer. But don't just assume that it's bad, have the codes pulled. The EBCM will trip a specific code, I can't recall what the code is, but when you search on Google the code is simply listed as "EBCM fault" or "EBCM communication fault" or something like that. Bad wheel speed sensors can also make the ABS light come on, so have it scanned with a code reader capable of reading ABS codes, so you can get a better idea of what you should be repairing. If it IS the EBCM, it actually isn't difficult to repair it yourself if you know how to solder electronic circuit boards. I took pictures of mine when I did it and planned on doing an instructional write up on how to do it, I just never did get around to it. Plus very few people actually repair these things themselves, most folks just replace it even though the cost is pretty staggering.

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Welcome! And Congratulations on the purchase of your 2001. I have a 2001 Suburban, which I have owned since January 2006, and have done most repairs myself so I am very familiar with this truck. I too had to repair my EBCM, I did mine this past summer. But don't just assume that it's bad, have the codes pulled. The EBCM will trip a specific code, I can't recall what the code is, but when you search on Google the code is simply listed as "EBCM fault" or "EBCM communication fault" or something like that. Bad wheel speed sensors can also make the ABS light come on, so have it scanned with a code reader capable of reading ABS codes, so you can get a better idea of what you should be repairing. If it IS the EBCM, it actually isn't difficult to repair it yourself if you know how to solder electronic circuit boards. I took pictures of mine when I did it and planned on doing an instructional write up on how to do it, I just never did get around to it. Plus very few people actually repair these things themselves, most folks just replace it even though the cost is pretty staggering.
Thanks for the info. I had my friend scan with his tool which read the ABS codes. He said the ECBM control module was bad and 2 ground wires??? He also said there’s a bank2 02 sensor bad but I have no check engine light on. He said he was able to see all the sensors working while we took a spin and they looked to be working fine.
My only question would be if there’s a bad ground would it trigger a bad ECBM? Or do I have 2 problems with the ABS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos