New Tahoe! Need Some Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Navo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello!

I just purchased a new Black on Black 2011 Tahoe LT 4WD. I was looking at leveling it, but the more I look at it the more it already looks level... (?)

Anyway, If Im not seeing things, I would like to level it. I hear you guys talkin a lot about the CCM 2.5F/1R. That sounds ok, but I hear you have to cut some studs or something? I dont really want to cut up my new truck.

I have a buddy who installed the Rough Country leveling kit on his truck I think it looks good, and he said it was an easy install. I looked on the Rough Country Website and they do have a kit for the Tahoe, but I dont see any of you guys using it. Do you all have some postives and negatives on it?

And on the opposite side of the spectrum.... if I dont level it can I fit 285/70/R17 without any rubbing or trimming? I would like to get a set of BFG AT KO's!!

Thanks for your input!

78676124.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cutting of the studs is no big deal at all. It just removes the non threaded part. When I did mine I used my grinder. Took about 1 minute. When I took the CCM off the next night there weren't any issues putting it back stock. You would never know unless you knew what you were looking for...and even then it is hard to tell.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the kits do the same thing, some just do it differently than others. Personally I would just buy a name brand kit and not go any higher than 2.5" in the front. If you don't want to cut your studs, find a kit that doesn't require it.

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look leveled to me. If you look at the gap between the tire and the fender and compare front and back, it definitely looks like theres more of a gap in the rear.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the ReadyLift adjustable kit so that I could raise the front only 1". Huge overall visual difference with just the 1" lift in front.

I wouldn't go with a 2.5" front kit unless you also plan on raising the rear 1" or more (and I wouldn't do any of that unless you plan on putting larger off-road tires on the truck -- too much wheel gap, otherwise).

OP
OP
N

Navo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you guys heard anything about the Rough Country leveling kit? The tire size I'm looking to put on 285/70/R17.

Thanks Guys!

aztahoemocha

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you guys heard anything about the Rough Country leveling kit? The tire size I'm looking to put on 285/70/R17.

Thanks Guys!

I just had the 2" Rough Country Kit installed my '11. So far so good!

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an ebay kit that is just like the rough country kit. I had it set at 1.5" and cleared 285/70/17 tires just fine with my custom wheels. But I did bump it up to 2" front and 1" rear. With the stock wheels you might clear with 1" lift up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz