New rear axle bearings and seals.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
You could just about buy a low mileage used axle from a junkyard for that price.

When it comes time, I want to upgrade anyways.
I have the base model. :jester:

I have been wondering about the compatibility of the 2500 rear axle for towing use.
But I think it's way overkill for me.
:hmmm2:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it comes time, I want to upgrade anyways.
I have the base model. :jester:

I have been wondering about the compatibility of the 2500 rear axle for towing use.
But I think it's way overkill for me.
:hmmm2:
You can get a 14-bolt rear axle from a 2WD Escalade or Denali and it will bolt right in, in place of the stock 10-bolt on the 4WD trucks.

hardline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see it in stock here,
https://www.autotoolworld.com/Kent-Moore-J-45860-VSES-Tone-Ring-Installer_p_232347.html

I did a google search using "Kent-Moore J45860"

Not a cheap tool!

I'm also glad I saw this thread; I can see myself digging into the rear axle w/o looking at my factory manual.
Future me: "Yeah I have done this before with my S10, easy peasy" :jester:
Thanks for checking. I tried autotoolworld.com last week, it says "email for stock". I did and they replied that they didn't have the J-45860, the bearing driver, or the handle. I was able to get the bearing driver and handle from freedomracing.com, but they don't have the J-45860 either. Agreed on the old vs. new, I didn't have such issues with the 83 K5 Blazer...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man do you still have this tool?
I still have it. I’m willing to loan it to any long time member here, just pay me for shipping to you. If I don’t know you or you’re new, I’ll do it for a $100 deposit that I’ll return after I get it back, minus the money it costs me to ship it to you. @hardline since I don’t know you and you’re new, if you want to do that, send me a PM and we can figure it out.

hardline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still have it. I’m willing to loan it to any long time member here, just pay me for shipping to you. If I don’t know you or you’re new, I’ll do it for a $100 deposit that I’ll return after I get it back, minus the money it costs me to ship it to you. @hardline since I don’t know you and you’re new, if you want to do that, send me a PM and we can figure it out.
That's very generous, I appreciate it! I am new here, I'll send a PM as soon as I can figure out how...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn