New owner 2021 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
Have wanted an upgrade for a while and kept my eyes on trucks heading into the dealers. Found what I wanted. Ultimate package. Everything. Some pictures, some thoughts and a question

the question. Are there that many issues with this years engines? I’ve tried to see if there is a way to determine if one has a ticking time bomb. I’m sure many better minds than mine have too. Would appreciate any info on that

probably 2 negatives with now 500 miles on it.
The dealer didn’t do what I would consider a real once over of the interior. Lots is small marks. Came out easily but to see dark finger marks all over the A pillars, parts of second row, etc just shows sloppiness from a dealer, who lets be real isn’t doing much nowadays.
Second small issue was first ride I hear something drop. Look back and above the second row seat the small square airbag plastic piece just fell out. Won’t go back in. Just. Odd

oh yes a third. When closing sun roof the rubber seal in the front gets pushed up. Result is loud annoying whirling whole above 50. Loud. Fixed it by closing again and pushing rubber down from above. Again. Odd

the good
So much.
ride quality is phenomenal.
interior quality is still shocking to me. Very very nice and many others can’t believe it in person
Most people don’t turn heads for big SUVs. This one. They for sure do
Good tech, hvac is powerful. Seats are great. It just eats up any road. Is a pleasure to drive and my first 200 miles on a highway were a joy.

still some things to figure out for sure on the inside, no matter how many videos I have watched.
Oh and second row media. I’ve seen it’s split on people liking or wanting. I think they are great. Great quality picture. So easy to use and play anything.
Stereo is not a top notch one like the Escalades higher one, but still quite good.

I’ll say the interior again. The Teak in person is truly beautiful.

Sorry for bad formatting on my phone. I’ve really appreciated this site. Just need to figure out floor mats.

Attachments

• D97F1ED0-D513-4058-BE8D-36B3A4126854.jpeg
    D97F1ED0-D513-4058-BE8D-36B3A4126854.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 50
  • E8F69AAC-5469-43B8-A7F1-BE972265BB7A.jpeg
    E8F69AAC-5469-43B8-A7F1-BE972265BB7A.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 46
  • F23887CE-69B8-437B-936D-06276BB875DA.jpeg
    F23887CE-69B8-437B-936D-06276BB875DA.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 44
  • D0EACB21-A0B7-42A8-B35B-084A56DB0120.jpeg
    D0EACB21-A0B7-42A8-B35B-084A56DB0120.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 50
  • C7BE64B1-CA71-418D-B1F4-AAEFE2CCE689.jpeg
    C7BE64B1-CA71-418D-B1F4-AAEFE2CCE689.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 50

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride…I like the color. Also like the lighter interior color too.

I’m curious if anyone has knowledge of that engine question as well…my Tahoe with the 5.3L has a build date of March 2021…hoping it’s not one of the problem ones, but I don’t know how to determine the engine build date or what engine build dates are affected by the problems.

Btw for floor mats I went with the GM floor liner ones and ordered them through the dealer to avoid paying for shipping. They’re super nice and blend right in with the rest of the interior.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that interior!

First time I notice that Denali does not have the front passenger asist handle. Same with Escalade.

OP
OP
M

MAYukoner

Reaction score
Love that interior!

First time I notice that Denali does not have the front passenger asist handle. Same with Escalade.
Correct. There is a handle above the head as you step in that is flat to the roof.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior is awesome, really wish Chevy would do that. Their other version is mocha which looks like calf shit. So we have black on our new Tahoe which is nice but it’s not that wow factor which that teak is.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super sharp, especially the interior ! If I could have ordered, I maybe would have got it also, But in my real world use black is probably best for me. My dealer said I'd never get what I want by ordering, so I watched incoming in a 200 mile radius for 6 months and called on many vehicles. Finally the stars aligned and I caught one the 1st day it was advertised as incoming. 6 calls the same day for it but mine was 1st with cash in hand.
I agree that it has so far highly impressed me with most every function and use. Probably one of the nicest and most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. Just glides on the road. Space galore. I bought thick Lloyds carpeted mats for 1st 2 rows, as we won't be exposing it to winter slop. Very happy and fit well. Luxurious. Husky rubber liner for behind 2nd row. Not slippery and covers everything.
GM mats get the nod for color match, but are not substantial and just don't impress me for that heavy protective feel when slinging golf clubs and Lowe's home improvement Items in the back.
If there are any negatives I see it is in the connectivity area. GM has you by the ears for data and the My GMC app. Doesn't seem to be a way around paying their price if you want those things. And that doesn't include OnStar which is separate and yet another potential charge. Nor SXM. You could wrap 100.00 bucks a month into this stuff if you wanted too.. Crazy! Not sure how much of that I will subscribe to. On the plus side, AA and ACP seem to work well wirelessly.
Overall, Highly impressed also. 25 MPG !

ruise

Reaction score
Great looking Denali! Congratulations! My Denali has a build date of week of 7/5 and I can hardly wait. I got the Pearl Beige Metallic with the Teak and Shale interior.

Dez78n

Reaction score
Great looking Denali! Congratulations! My Denali has a build date of week of 7/5 and I can hardly wait. I got the Pearl Beige Metallic with the Teak and Shale interior.
Thats the color I ordered, but with the dark gray interior bc kids lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645