New Owner 2014 PPV from VA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Winnipeg! I'm a newb too and this place is great!

I picked up my '14 PPV a month ago - still cleaning up for the safety inspection!
Anybody know if I REALLY hafta remove the front bumper to change a running light? lol My garage $eem$ to think so...
If you DIY, you don’t really but it’s a lot easier I believe. I changed the entire headlight assemblies on mine without taking the bumper off. Later on I learned taking it off is a maybe 5 minutes, unless you have a pushbar. Then it’s a bit more involved.

Carlos Sanchez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you DIY, you don’t really but it’s a lot easier I believe. I changed the entire headlight assemblies on mine without taking the bumper off. Later on I learned taking it off is a maybe 5 minutes, unless you have a pushbar. Then it’s a bit more involved.
OK cool - thanks!
I'll definitely check out the easier route and see if that bumper gives it up easily.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, from central NC. Your PPV looks identical to mine in stock form!

100% get a Daskskin, fitment is unbelievable and one of the many things I did to my PPV that I would absolute do again if I got another one. I've got pics from that and everything else I've done, my build thread link is in the sig.

OP
OP
oathbringer

oathbringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, from central NC. Your PPV looks identical to mine in stock form!

100% get a Daskskin, fitment is unbelievable and one of the many things I did to my PPV that I would absolute do again if I got another one. I've got pics from that and everything else I've done, my build thread link is in the sig.
Thank you sir, I'm loving this truck so far and can't wait to start my own build thread soon. I just swapped the interior lights today for LEDs and going to do the backup cam/mirror hopefully in the next week.

Attachments

• 20240107_153034.jpg
    20240107_153034.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240107_151913.jpg
    20240107_151913.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 5

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, it's pretty down there and a bit more affordable than Northern VA
Yeah I'd be working in richmond again. Northern VA is higher than NJ, it's crazy I actually bought my tahoe at Tysons corner range rover jaguar. Someone traded it in

ID4W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Zero cost ride quality improvement by removing and or shortening rear suspension bump stops. They are held in by an interference fit of some small metal tabs bent out a little bit. Just reach up in there, push, pull, and twist them out. 1” of travel is not enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anas1993