New moog stuff info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get all me ball joints, tie rods end links and u joints. If I do everything what all am I looking to do, Moog best for all? And maybe some part numbers? Thanks!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ball joints are gonna be fun! Not.... I would get all the stuff and let a shop do it bro. Ball joints are upper and lower and should be around $40 a popish. Tie rods and misc arent tok bad niether. I would also check the bishings and replace them because yea we have old ass trucks and the bushings go bad

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had good luck out of PST suspension kits on my muscle cars, they make stuff for our trucks you may give them a try.

OP
OP
slipping

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moog part numbers:

upper joint K6292
lower joint K6445

inner rod ES2837RL
outer rod ES2836RL

Very cool sir, thanks as always! How about the u joints on the drive shaft. I looked at amazon had several AC delco and rock auto had a long list. Are the all the same less lubed/non lubed?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
MOOG/PRECISION Part # 235 U Joint - Greaseable Super-Strength; Needle Type Grease Fitting

this one after installed has a needle type grease fitting that screws into one of the joint ends so that it is not buried inside the reinstalled assembly. i use the same # for front and back. only back has gotten put in so far. the front shaft has not seen constant use like the rear and i replaced the rear because one joint was squeaking.

IMAG0569.gif

That there is 245,000 miles of original equipment part. never replaced during the vehicles life. gotta love it. if your is original i must insistently reccomend you get a strong u-joint tool set and a 1/2 minimum impact wrench to drive it to do the job. when it "starts" to break loose you will hear a large bang for each yoke axis you do. ifg a press is used i would go 4-ton at least but maybe 8 is better.

OP
OP
slipping

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much good sir! I'll keep this for sure. Its not squeaking or anything , wasn't sure if I should change. I have 186000+ so I just want to make sure all my stuff is straight. The PO wasn't kind to this hoe. I want to get new plugs wires cap belts. Going to get new k&n cai off amazon as well because I'm not fond of the one that's on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24