New member with a door panel interchange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David_396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, New member here. Hang out mostly at Team Chevelle ,and Performace Boat site. I'm the original owner of a Factory Black, stock 2 door, 94 Blazer. Had a Red 92 that I bought new, but it was stolen and burned to the ground. Took the truck out of the barn where it has benn sitting for a few years and giving the truck to my 16 year old son.
Just replaced the headliner and visors ourselves and put in a bluetooth pioneer stereo. Looking at the door panels now. Want to know what newer years would interchange with the 94. Never liked the door pull/arm rest asm. Have replace the asm once and now it's broken again. Plus kinda want a different look. Do suburbans and pickups use the same door panel? Find lots of these type of vehicles on the local craigslist.

Thanxs again David

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Newer years meaning 95 to 2000 old body style????

They will not fit unless you change out the whole black part behind the door panel. it holds the window regulator and such in place.youll have to change that one, grabbing everything from a donor truck and swap it over. Not sure with the power windows and locks if the switches are the same tho.

OP
OP
D

David_396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanx for the replies so far. Gonna have to go look at one and take my old panel and try it. Will post results,

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i was trying to find a thread about it on another forum but cant seem to pull up any information nor do i have the patience right now. lol

But, got to fullsizechevy.com and search door panel swap or something and some threads should come up. but all in all youll have to replace the metal things on the door (dont know what the hell they call them) and swap those out. Youll probably need to do some splicing with the wires for sure. but try that, maybe tonight when i have more time ill be able to help ya out. lol sorry!!

OP
OP
D

David_396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was trying to find a thread about it on another forum but cant seem to pull up any information nor do i have the patience right now. lol

But, got to fullsizechevy.com and search door panel swap or something and some threads should come up. but all in all youll have to replace the metal things on the door (dont know what the hell they call them) and swap those out. Youll probably need to do some splicing with the wires for sure. but try that, maybe tonight when i have more time ill be able to help ya out. lol sorry!!

I think behind the door panel there is a metal part that the door pull ties into. Gotta take the panel off and take a look. Taking the truck in to get a smog check Tuesday to get the truck registered. It's been on a non-op for a few years. Thanxs again, david

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667