New Member From Green Bay WI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airman68

Reaction score
Hi there. New member from Green Bay. I have lived in WI most of my life. Grew up in Oconomowoc, moved out of state for a short time but back now likely for good.

I am a big motor guy, like anything that burns gas (mostly boats, cars and sleds). I'm also an above average "shade tree mechanic" as I can do quite a bit on my own. I am 54 and have owned at least 35 cars and trucks so far. I'm on the next one, a 2008 Yukon XL SLT. Nice rig, didn't pay too much for it but it's got issues. I figure this is the "breaking in period" I usually go through buying a new vehicle as I fix, swear a lot and spend money on a new (used) car purchase so I can get it up to my standards. This one is no different.

I have owned several GM trucks so I'm thinking this is similar in a lot of ways. I always wanted a Yukon or Suburban so this is my first. Got to get the bugs worked out so I guess thats what brought me here. I always learn a lot on these forums.

Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Orlando. We kept a 2007 Sequoia going for many years. Do the things that make a difference. We did new water pump, brake disks & calipers, shocks, ball joints, tie rod ends and sway bar links, good tires, etc., etc. I found the Dealer to be better than most shops for the suspension items because I would get genuine parts. Not always the case with some shops even if you ask for genuine parts. Went after market for high quality brakes and shocks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne