New Member - 2012 PPV FHP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Buddy Dane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got front windows tinted to match, and 50% on the windshield.

Got horn working.

Got new Pioneer touchscreen radio installed. I got a new trim piece with the factory USB port instead of two 12V cig lighter plugs. I also got the adapter to go from USB to mini usb to plug it in but the plug is too large. I think I need an actual GM part...new speakers for front and rear are here but I didn't get the adapters for the rear doors so that'll wait until they arrive.

Got Airraid MXP intake installed and cleaned MAF sensor.

The last of the go fast parts are arriving as well. Plan is DoD/VVT delete with a TSP Stage 2 Truck Cam and associated parts with headers and offroad Y pipe and a Spintech muffler.

Should be fun...hope to tear into it on Saturday and have it on the road Sunday morning.

Wish me luck!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got front windows tinted to match, and 50% on the windshield.

Got horn working.

Got new Pioneer touchscreen radio installed. I got a new trim piece with the factory USB port instead of two 12V cig lighter plugs. I also got the adapter to go from USB to mini usb to plug it in but the plug is too large. I think I need an actual GM part...new speakers for front and rear are here but I didn't get the adapters for the rear doors so that'll wait until they arrive.

Got Airraid MXP intake installed and cleaned MAF sensor.

The last of the go fast parts are arriving as well. Plan is DoD/VVT delete with a TSP Stage 2 Truck Cam and associated parts with headers and offroad Y pipe and a Spintech muffler.

Should be fun...hope to tear into it on Saturday and have it on the road Sunday morning.

Wish me luck!

What's too large on the USB plug? I used a factory USB wire for my conversion so it had the plastic locking housing that snapped into the back of the USB port on the trim piece. But others have just plugged the mini USB in and hot-glued it to keep the cable from working it's way loose.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I also have retired FHP 2012 PPV. Enjoy that badboy project.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
B

Buddy Dane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Thanks for the forum lessons. I'll get to the signature one day.

ArrivalPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brake pedal... more than likely a worn bushing...
Dome lights... it sounds stupid but check the dimmer switch...
DIC switch... get one...
Steering wheel with controls... is completely plug and play... that being said... be very very VERY careful with the locking pins on the air bag plugs... if you break one it's a trip to the dealer or looking at an SRS light until you do...
Paint... if it was rattle canned or spray bombed you can possibly remove it with lacquer thinner... it should not hurt paint that was properly cured... it's how I removed the glue from all my decals on mine...
Rear wiper squirter... this is something I haven't played with on mine... usually you will find a break in the line or a clogged sprayer if your sure the pump is working... pull the line off off you can just to make sure its pumping...

Please make sure the batt (both) are disconnected before attempting the steering wheel swap. A escalade wheel swap worked for me. A YouTube video pointed me in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts