New Member - 2012 PPV FHP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy Dane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, as I just purchased a former FHP 2012 PPV from a private party individual in Florida. I've been wrenching and customizing/modding cars and trucks forever, so I hope to be able to contribute here and learn a lot from your posts. Thanks for having me.

So far it all seems to be in order but I have a few issues, and in searching here and in this thread I hope to work em out! This list is a running list and will be updated as I fix/learn this platform and get everything working. Plan is to do a DOD/VVT delete with a BRT stage 2 truck cam VERY SOON.

-HORN - INOP - have not investigated yet
-Brake pedal - Squeaks on release and when holding good pressure at bottom of travel
-Dome lights - all map lights work but nothing activates when doors are opened
-Outside window trim - FHP or auction paints some black paint on top of car to cover the yellow...this one has been repainted but the black paint is on the window trim. Anyone know what it is or what will take it off?
-Rear wiper squirter - INOP - any common issues? Pump runs, I see none leaking, but nothing at wiper
-Steering wheel - no access to DIC - is the steering wheel with both sets of controls a straight swap?

Again, thanks for having me and any help you may provide, I hope to get this thing squared away and on the highway ASAP!

60590232352__C2B136E7-9F87-4EAE-BC82-C0783EFC7322.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, as I just purchased a former FHP 2012 PPV from a private party individual in Florida. I've been wrenching and customizing/modding cars and trucks forever, so I hope to be able to contribute here and learn a lot from your posts. Thanks for having me.

So far it all seems to be in order but I have a few issues, and in searching here and in this thread I hope to work em out! This list is a running list and will be updated as I fix/learn this platform and get everything working. Plan is to do a DOD/VVT delete with a BRT stage 2 truck cam VERY SOON.

-HORN - INOP - have not investigated yet
-Brake pedal - Squeaks on release and when holding good pressure at bottom of travel
-Dome lights - all map lights work but nothing activates when doors are opened
-Outside window trim - FHP or auction paints some black paint on top of car to cover the yellow...this one has been repainted but the black paint is on the window trim. Anyone know what it is or what will take it off?
-Rear wiper squirter - INOP - any common issues? Pump runs, I see none leaking, but nothing at wiper
-Steering wheel - no access to DIC - is the steering wheel with both sets of controls a straight swap?

Again, thanks for having me and any help you may provide, I hope to get this thing squared away and on the highway ASAP!

View attachment 242492
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

There are a lot of guys here who have dealt with a lot of these same issues.
@jatPPV2012 and @PPV12HOE are two that come to my mind quickly, but there are many others.

For the horn, here is a recent post about solving that.
Today, I got the horn working. :happy107: Thank you to you guys for the advice and the pics. They really helped. Got the wiring from under the radio, found the cut light brown wires, spliced them back together and HONK! It works! :D

49574787212_05f819f5fe_m.jpg 49574787067_7c62b418bf_m.jpg

Also got the OEM carpet floor mat for the 2nd row seats and it fits just right.

49553031548_684bfab0b5_m.jpg"
49553767782_d3b84e33eb_m.jpg 49553767597_02ee492f1d_m.jpg

My work has finally calmed down so now I have more time to work on and get the next things done on my to-do list.

1. Steering wheel (w/radio controls) swap
2. 3rd row bracket/bolts install and seats
3. Center bench seat install.
4. Get tire installed on the spare PPV rim. Rotate/balance all 4 tires.

OP
OP
B

Buddy Dane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! As soon as I posted I realized some forums are different. I will be spending the next few days researching my issues on the forum, and update my thread. I posted early I'm sure...but maybe some quick links from others could save me some time.

Thanks again, excited to get ANOTHER project going...

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! As soon as I posted I realized some forums are different. I will be spending the next few days researching my issues on the forum, and update my thread. I posted early I'm sure...but maybe some quick links from others could save me some time.

Thanks again, excited to get ANOTHER project going...

Can’t wait to see what you do to your vehicle.

The thing I really enjoy about being a part of this forum is watching new members who came here looking for help, but start helping others along the way by sharing the things they have learned and posting what solved their problem so the next person along can see it.

Check out the various build threads for folks as well.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/under-construction.76/

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... let's go down this list....
Horn... wires are normally cut under the dash beneath the radio... tan wires... just butt connect them back together.. pink butt connector in pic is horn wiring...

20191005_144027.jpg

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake pedal... more than likely a worn bushing...
Dome lights... it sounds stupid but check the dimmer switch...
DIC switch... get one...
Steering wheel with controls... is completely plug and play... that being said... be very very VERY careful with the locking pins on the air bag plugs... if you break one it's a trip to the dealer or looking at an SRS light until you do...
Paint... if it was rattle canned or spray bombed you can possibly remove it with lacquer thinner... it should not hurt paint that was properly cured... it's how I removed the glue from all my decals on mine...
Rear wiper squirter... this is something I haven't played with on mine... usually you will find a break in the line or a clogged sprayer if your sure the pump is working... pull the line off off you can just to make sure its pumping...

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I've got a thread called "this weekend work" that has a lot of what I've fixed or changed on my K9 truck since I got it... you might find some of it useful... any questions dont hesitate to ask...

OP
OP
B

Buddy Dane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the responses.

Got a console in mine, guess I need to remove it to find the horn wiring under there...damn.

Rich_SSV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DIC isn’t on the steering wheel. It’s the switches on the dash directly to the left of the center vents (which you don’t have at the moment). My build thread has pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat