New Instrument Cluster Failed on 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes GM will play ball with a buy back and sometimes they won’t, you could ask to speak to the General Manager or the Owner at the Dealership. Look up the lemon law in your state and also lemon law attorneys who would get paid as part of the lemon law buy back. I think you are headed in the right direction at this point. Good luck.

Mal2500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As part of the OTA update that bricked my 2022 Yukon the dealer replaced the instrument cluster. Now roughly a month since those repairs, which took 26 days out of service at the dealer, the new instrument cluster failed yesterday while my wife was driving on the freeway. It did come back on after a time on its own but obviously something is going on.

I read of a previous software update to fix a this or something similar but you would think a new cluster installed just last month would have been shipped with the updated software or the dealer would have updated it as part of the installation process.

Off to the dealer again it goes. I also sent an email to GM customer assistance making them aware of the latest and referenced my existing case number while they work through other issues. This vehicle is demon possessed.
I was just reading your thread and curious to what has happened since July? I have a 2023 Yukon and I just received that error for the first time 3 weeks ago. It has been fine since until I took it to the dealer for service and I guess hooking it up to the system, an hour after I picked it up from service, the thing went haywire. Nothing works, it is stuck on one screen. I am waiting on the same “software update” I was told it sounds like you were told you needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019