NEW IN GA 10" lifted 4th Gen Escalade, NBS Tahoe & bagged OBS dually!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, just created a profile I can't believe with all the googling I've done for my GMs I haven't found this site before.

We travel to shows and events all the time and I guess social media keeps me busy looking at trucks.

Ill probably be asking questions about my Tahoe the most but I also own a detail business if anyone has questions, and we travel the southeast for car and truck events. from 2021 til now we have gone to Orange beach invasion, battle in Bama, Music city showdown, Scrapin the Coast, Alanta truck invasion 2x, caffeine and octane in Atlanta several times and many other local and regional shows. We also attend SEMA every year but never with our vehicle, YET!

Cant wait to get some good info! Ive been slacking on this Tahoe and have boxes of parts so maybe this will motivate me!295994619_10167100730975553_5103395491559597128_n.jpg

OP
OP
Vince706

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is my 92 dually

I purchased this truck like this. right now it sits with the bed off after replacing a couple fuel pumps and tracing a wiring issue. Now the belt driven compressor bracket needs to be fixed so the belt stops jumping off when the compressor runs. I have new front fender flares, a smooth cowl and a whole new bumper (same set up but no chrome) all ready for new paint. the want list for this one is looong. If you are a lowered truck fan then you might recognize this truck. it was originally bright green and featured in street trucks, built by little shops in Tn. it had the caddy bumper on it then too.

80829036_2523589494433387_526476844707661823_n(1).jpg

OP
OP
Vince706

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 04 Tahoe. I bought this from a customer and it was a loaner for customers then I started driving it more due to my BMW being down.

I removed all the door moldings and replaced the Tahoe emblems with newer Tahoe letters. Also removed the rear wiper and covered the hole with a 2015 tailgate bowtie. my PDR guy had some caps to fit the tiny holes left by the wiper holder. I added the 24" snowflakes, painted the calipers red. then "lowered" it with a 3/4 drop and removed the running boards. LED tail lights and every bulb in the truck is now LED. removed the roof rack. I have an escalade rack and D pillars still in a box. Yes thats a NBS Denali rear bumper.

B Pillars are wrapped black as are the mirror caps. (gives it more of a 4th gen look) 20% Ceramic tint all the way around. sunroof as well. 70% on windshield which I replaced with a new one just to tint it (had 190k miles of sandblasting on it) shorty antenna. Weathertech in channel window things. train horn where the spare was.

inside just LEDS, weathertechs all the way thru, a touchscreen with bluetooth and a small sub. sunroof part of headliner needs fixing and drivers seat keeps getting worse so I want to replace all the leather and maybe go black. it has that weird Gm not grey not tan color. also bought new key fobs and headphones for the TV when I first acquired it.

up front which you can't see, I took off the chrome bumper and grill after already replacing all the lighting with LEDs and clear lenses. I want the monochrome all white look. so I bought a 2005 GMC truck grill and bumper (just like the bumper on the dually) had it all painted white. then had to cut the chevy bumper brackets off the frame. the GMC ones are different. the grill fits! its not perfect along the fender since the yukon headlights are different. I went with tinted housings this time and bought Chevy headlights but I bought the LED strip parking lights for the GMC grill. I still have not installed the front bumper since the brackets need to be welded on in the perfect spot. I have done a mock up and it looks awesome and fits perfect around the grill.

I have since bought a new cowl hood for it as well since the roof has been peeling since I bought it and the hood started a year ago so its all getting repainted soon.

She needs some love, it WAS such a great road vehicle until I put the big wheels on it then it doesn't want to shift the same so it doesn't take anymore road trips. Im actually looking at doing the 2020 brake upgrade thats what lead me to this forum then its getting paint, then leather THEN motor attention. with over 220k I've had no issues with this truck other than an AC compressor but id like to remedy the shifting issues and get a lil more power out of her.

I'll try to find a front end pic with the grill and no bumper

1668324702500.png

1668324657022.png

OP
OP
Vince706

Vince706

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first upgrade
315096565_1313315736136998_3160199679727313014_n.jpg

1668326529987.png

AFTER. so here you can see the Chevy headlights work but they are a little recessed. The grill is off just a little since the fender slants back the grill is straight. the bumper top piece is just sitting on there. the side brackets bolt up but there is no center support, so it sags. once brackets are welded on the bumper will fit flush like factory the only parts that wont look perfect is where the grill bars meet the fenders. as far as the GMC emblem mounting area of the grill I havnt decided what to do.

1668327348481.png
ddddddhjyty.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here is my 92 dually

I purchased this truck like this. right now it sits with the bed off after replacing a couple fuel pumps and tracing a wiring issue. Now the belt driven compressor bracket needs to be fixed so the belt stops jumping off when the compressor runs. I have new front fender flares, a smooth cowl and a whole new bumper (same set up but no chrome) all ready for new paint. the want list for this one is looong. If you are a lowered truck fan then you might recognize this truck. it was originally bright green and featured in street trucks, built by little shops in Tn. it had the caddy bumper on it then too.

View attachment 384989

Interesting looking rig but I lean heavily toward the stock clean look as much a possible. I once got a crazy streak and added the Escalade rear smooth corner appliques, blackened and outlined rear badges and GMC truck wheels. Lots of members here like the lowered/liftedleveled look, so many will chime in with comments and questions.

20220924_112043.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3