New HID kit....WTF!?!??!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my battery intermittently draining shortly after the HID's install. I would sit with the radio on for 15 minutes and the damm thing would die and it was only 2 years old. Had everything checked over and still couldnt figure it out. I was told it was most likely a dead cell in the battery, so I swapped out the battery and no more issues.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good bro i have some 42$ hida i got the 5000k and i love them looks good i will be so happy to get the fogs done!

OP
OP
2 E L O

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my battery intermittently draining shortly after the HID's install. I would sit with the radio on for 15 minutes and the damm thing would die and it was only 2 years old. Had everything checked over and still couldnt figure it out. I was told it was most likely a dead cell in the battery, so I swapped out the battery and no more issues.
Interesting...it's a little scary, really. It's no big deal when I'm at home working in the garage because I can just throw it on the charger, but it would suck ash if I was out in the middle of nowhere and didn't have anyone to jump start me.

Did you have any issues when you'd test or recharge the battery?

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...it's a little scary, really. It's no big deal when I'm at home working in the garage because I can just throw it on the charger, but it would suck ash if I was out in the middle of nowhere and didn't have anyone to jump start me.

Did you have any issues when you'd test or recharge the battery?

I had the battery and alternator tested twice and each time came back with very good results but when it died in a CARWASH, I had enough and just replaced it anyway. I didnt want to risk the chance of my wife/kids being out and the battery taking a dump. The weird thing was that each time it died, it took a long time for it to jump start but once started ran like normal and would test out fine afterwards. very weird and annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n