New here, trying to learn about my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here, and have a great deal to learn about my truck. I picked up a '96 two-door Z71 a couple weeks ago. It's in pretty decent shape considering she has 230k miles. It's black over a neutral interior, has about every top of the line option that was available, fresh paint, engine was replaced a few years ago, new tranny, and new transfer case. The bad is the carpet is stained all over, some interior pieces are broken, leather is worn/torn (driver seat), driver side window and seat are sluggish, and it definitely has a blown head gasket, and possibly a busted rear main seal. I don't think it will cost much to get it derivable, and cannot wait to have it on the road!

Attachments

• 1017319_739866206025735_2018500816_n.jpg
    1017319_739866206025735_2018500816_n.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was guestimatiing closer to $35-40k, but really had no idea.

What are some good aftermaket vendors for replacement parts?

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bottoms, I'm familiar with LMC Truck, I have one of the catalogs. I like the prices, but the catalog is kind of small. What I'm looking for is more interior trim pieces and such. The truck is in pretty good shape, but some of the plastic pieces are cracked or broken. I would also like to find OEM seat covers. I googled OEM seat covers, but all of the covers I've found that are listed as OEM don't look like the originals to me. I wouldn't mind finding another set of buckets out of another truck that are in decent shape, but so far I'm not finding any on ebay. :( I'm thinking about checking some Pull-Apart salvage yards for some of my pieces.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That was in 18 years ago prices. And parts vendors depend on what you need. Interior pieces are still the best from a JY if not damaged and seat covers from the seat shop might be about as close to factory as you might get.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Welcome yea as stated. I don't like lmc prices I can get stuff cheaper on eBay or at the yards here or hell buy a truck pull what I need and sell or scrap lol

OP
OP
Back N Black

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, LMC's prices aren't that bad. I'm sure you can find better prices on ebay, but I'm not opposed to their pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA