New here, just ordered..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a '22 Tahoe Z71 with the 6.2L, off road pkg, bucket 2nd row and sunroof . Went in wanting the satin steel grey, but after seeing it in person I decided on the dark ash.

Found only one dealership willing to sell for MSRP. All the others were requiring $8k in "dealer installed upgrades" - no thanks.

Now I just have to wait for my build number and est. build date. Hopefully they have some allocations to hand out.

Looking forward to hanging out in here.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Yeah, waiting is always the worst.

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting it. My Accord isn't cutting it for my 3 boys anymore.

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Its been a week and still no build number or build date from the dealer.

I left a message for my sales guy yesterday morning and he never called me back.

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer (hadn't heard from them in 2 months). Apparently my sales guy (who was relatively worthless) got promoted and no one ever got assigned to me.

Anyway they said my order is "Code 3400" whatever that means...

He texted me a 6 letter order number and said it has been accepted for production and the build info has been "sent to the line". They didn't tell me if anything was on constraint... the only thing i signed away was the heated steering wheel so hoping they didn't delete anything else...

Can i do/see anything with that build number?

EDIT: So i just did a text chat at chevy.com and this is what they said:

Your order has a TPW of 02/28/2022. While it was slated to be built sometime this week, it has not yet reflected the produced status. However, it is slated to be built. We would recommend reaching out later this week for another update as our system doesn't indicate when it will be built and doesn't reflect real-time updates.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons